+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Making the Band: Who Fits in Best With Taylor and Tori

FORT Fan
    "Just about all singing groups have been formed (or altered) by selection based on the opinion of a producer, "famous" or not. It isn't superficial and it's worked. We haven't yet had a successful group based on selection by call-in voters. And this one hasn't exactly gotten off to best of starts."

Yes, I agree. The group's not going to be the best because America's voting for their favorites, not for the best group blend. I was just saying one person's opinion doesn't make someone a bad performer.

I think Tori and Taylor fans (including me) are voting for Danielle.
    Taylor N Tori Rock!! My top 5:Taylor, Tori, Danielle, Katelyn, Jordan!

FORT Fanatic
    I think Tori and Taylor fans (including me) are voting for Danielle.
    This one's not. I think most of my votes are going to be for Chauncey (if he continues to improve)
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Regular

Me Too.........

I think it will be Danielle, she sings great and would go good in the group.
    Torifan

FORT Regular

Choice for number three

I think Danielle White would be a great choice for the group. She sings great with a clean, smooth and very audiable voice. She seems to dance well and better than some others.
    She's getting my vote.
    Torifan

FORT Fan
    Hmm...well there's only been a few replies but everyone seems to have different answers...I think we could see a surprise in week 3...

I know in all the internet polls Chantel and Lucy are 2 and 3 after Tori...but I think Chauncey is a sleeper...I think he is gaining steam after that knockout performance...if he proves last week wasn't a fluke, I think he has a very strong chance of being the 3rd member...and the thing about Chauncey is that he has this personality where people really WANT to like him...plus his family makes him memorable...also, remember he did have the highest number of votes in group one.

I really like Chauncey...but I don't know if his vibrato will work in a group...I do think that he would perform well with Tori and Taylor though.

It's very hard to predict based on internet polls because only a small percentage of the people who vote on the show post on the internet. And you didn't say what kind of polls you've seen. Only a poll that doesn't include the Thompson's as a choice would come anywhere close to predicting Chantel and Lucy's chances of making it.

I'm hoping we ARE in for a surpise in week 3, just because it keeps it interesting. There is no reason to believe that Chantel would be voted into the group in week 3 . All we know so far is that the people who voted for Chantel last time were NOT the ones who voted for Tori and Taylor, so there were more votes NOT for Chantel than FOR her. Those votes could go anywhere, and if they tend to go to the same person, that might not be good for Chantel's chances.

Chauncey gets better every week, and now that he's more comfortable on stage, I think we'll continue to see good things from him. He's my favorite, but it remains to be seen how much the voters like him.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar

I think that the audience is warming up to Chauncey, especially when he hits the high notes, and if he continues to improve he'll be a contender for being in the group.
    Last edited by Boredom; 07-13-2003 at 12:29 PM.

I got the magic stick... cupcake33's Avatar
    I think the most likely person to make it next week is AJ. Chantel, well, I think she's gonna stay in the top 2 forever and never actually make it. My guess for the top 3 is AJ, Chantel, and Danielle.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by GroveingIt
    "Just about all singing groups have been formed (or altered) by selection based on the opinion of a producer, "famous" or not. It isn't superficial and it's worked. We haven't yet had a successful group based on selection by call-in voters. And this one hasn't exactly gotten off to best of starts."

Yes, I agree. The group's not going to be the best because America's voting for their favorites, not for the best group blend. I was just saying one person's opinion doesn't make someone a bad performer.

GroveingIt, I couldn't have said it better

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast