+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Making the Band: Who Fits in Best With Taylor and Tori

FORT Regular
    Morgan is also one of the bigger taller kids. And cupcake, you are right about Danielle. She looks and acts more like the younger group but sings much more mature. Her pretty light voice may get lost in all the belting which is typical of younger kids. She is sort of stuck in between age groups, voice quality, and sizes, but I'm sure she will make it one way or the other.

FORT Fan
    Good posts everyone...

I see what you guys are saying about forming the group with the younger kids now to complement Taylor and Tori...but what I had in mind was to still form the best SINGING group with Taylor and Tori in it.

I never meant for this thread to start bashing Taylor and Tori...I have nothing against them. They are good singers...but not great singers...yet. I don't think they have the type of voices that are going to inspire masses of people to run out to purchase their records.

I still think that you need a couple of voices that really stand out in this group...and to me, Chantel and Danielle have the best voices that stand out as very distinct without clashing with the Thompsons' voices.

Also...I still think that one of the older girls (Chantel or Lucy) needs to get in this group as the lead voice, and someone that pushes the group to be better musically. They both seem to handle themselves with the most maturity of the kids on the show. I just see alot of problems and confusion with having a group of 5 kids aged 9 - 11...they will all want to be the star. I think you need an older kid in the group so that everyone really understands their role.

And though I mentioned both Chantel and Lucy, I think Chantel is the best choice for a group because Lucy likes to use those long vocal runs and vibrato which makes her better suited to be a solo artist...but if somehow Chantel doesn't make it into the group...then I think Lucy should make it in.

FORT Fan
    "If it were really true that America was basing its decision on both talent and the ability to be a great entertainer, then I don't think you would have seen Lamont Dozier being so disappointed with the Thompsons in the top 3."

That's just one person's opinion, as much as I rsepect that, what gives one person the right to say who's a great entertainer or not? It's an extremly superficial way to go about things- basing the standard of what's good on a "famous" person's opinion. Taylor and Tori or not my top picks either, but no one on this forum (or in the world, for that matter) is fully qualified to have the final opinion on who's good and who's not. People are going to think different juniors are the best, including Lamont.

FORT Regular
    Yeah, but we are not overly concerned with finding perfectly meshed, superb voices...people are obviously more interested in "the whole package" which is fine but we will end up with 5 different "whole packages" not necessarily 5 perfectly blended voices...which it should have been. So if it is not stricly vocal talent based than yes things like height start to matter. we could end up with a bad version of the Brady Bunch.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by showbizkidz
    Yeah, but we are not overly concerned with finding perfectly meshed, superb voices...people are obviously more interested in "the whole package" which is fine but we will end up with 5 different "whole packages" not necessarily 5 perfectly blended voices...which it should have been. So if it is not stricly vocal talent based than yes things like height start to matter. we could end up with a bad version of the Brady Bunch.
    Personally, for me, it's not awkward seeing kids of different height perform together as long as they have chemistry. And Tori is much shorter than Taylor...so if you wanted everyone to be similar height, that already changes things (assuming Tori gets in). I wouldn't worry about their CURRENT height much...look at how much taller Taylor is than Tori...by that, I think it would be fair to predict that Tori will have a growth spurt within the next 2 years...and I'm sure the other kids aren't done growing yet either.

FORT Newbie

who should be in...

Tori and Taylor will be in.
    Other 3:
    1) Morgan (for sure)
    2) A.J. (for sure)
    3) Lucy or Chantel...one older kid.
    4) Danielle...they should make it 6 and let her in.

Not: Chauncy, Jordan, Katelyn

Personally, I prefer Tori to Taylor, so I would have originally said:
    1) Tori
    2) Morgan
    3) A.J
    4) Danielle
    5) Lucy or Chantel

FORT Fogey
    Hm...

Danielle- Her pure, natural voice and quality would bring some real-ness to the group.

Katelyn- She'd bring a more mature, fun tone to the group.

Morgan- He'd balance it out with his voice, dancing, etc. (Plus, a boy would be nice)

------------
    Chantel and Lucy have voices that are too over-the-top, not necessairly in a good way.

Jordan and Chauncy don't have strong voices or qualities.

AJ is better as a solo act.

And the sisters, IMO, should'nt even BE in the band, but oh well...

-Rach

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'm actually kind of hoping that Chantel, Lucy, and Morgan don't get picked so that they can get real recording contracts. They would sound nice by themselves, and in the foundation for the group we have, I don't think they would fit in as well.

FORT Frosh
    "If it were really true that America was basing its decision on both talent and the ability to be a great entertainer, then I don't think you would have seen Lamont Dozier being so disappointed with the Thompsons in the top 3."

That's just one person's opinion, as much as I respect that, what gives one person the right to say who's a great entertainer or not? It's an extremely superficial way to go about things -- basing the standard of what's good on a "famous" person's opinion.
    Just about all singing groups have been formed (or altered) by selection based on the opinion of a producer, "famous" or not. It isn't superficial and it's worked. We haven't yet had a successful group based on selection by call-in voters. And this one hasn't exactly gotten off to best of starts.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    I'm actually kind of hoping that Chantel, Lucy, and Morgan don't get picked so that they can get real recording contracts. They would sound nice by themselves, and in the foundation for the group we have, I don't think they would fit in as well.
    I know what you are saying, and I think it's obvious that those are 3 of the more talented kids on the show...but I seriously doubt that any of these kids are going to get recording contracts if they don't make this group...these kids are ages 9-13 and no label is going to take a risk with them at that age...the only way I can see that is if the label signs them now, but develops them for a few years, then releases a record.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast