+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Making the Band: Who Fits in Best With Taylor and Tori

Quote Originally Posted by RockyColorado
    Let's see it I have this right. America gets the group off to a bad start and we're left to get it back on the right course. And so we now have to stop voting for those that give the best performances each night, only because that performer might not mesh with Taylor and Tori. If that's the case, they should make the Thompsons judges and advise us what to do.

FORT Regular
    The only other kids that remotely "fit-in" with Tori and Taylor are the other smaller kids: Jordan, Danielle, and Chauncy. Chantel, kaytlyn, Lucy, Aj, and Morgan all look like teenagers, and appeal to people who are looking for future great adult singers, not cute kid voices. At this point it's not like it's about putting a combination of the greatest young voices together anyway.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    That would be an interesting group: Tori, Taylor, Jordan, Danielle, and Chauncey. I think that AJ has a much larger chance of making it in than Danielle, and if there are going to be any boys there should be two so when their voices mature they can still blend together.

FORT Regular
    Yes, I like AJ myself, but he would be towering over a bunch of mostly little girls with his Fox created reputation of being a teen idol. It would be odd ya know? He would fit in perfectly with Morgan, Kaytlyn, Chantel, or Lucy... all being basically the same size, and coming from the same angle. Likewise Tori, Taylor, Chauncy, Jordan, and Danielle seem to fit together.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I see what you mean. I think that Tori Tayler Chauncey Jordan Danielle would be the best group out of the choices given. It's going to be interesting to see that group grow up...

I got the magic stick... cupcake33's Avatar
    I agree, that is the best possible fit...but, I don't think Danielle would work well with them. She is way talented, not quite as perky, and she's also about the same size as Chantel/Lucy. Maybe AJ instead of Danielle?

FORT Frosh
    I think to say "America has already decided to not base their decison on talent" is a bit far. They are all talented, and it's not just vocal ability that makes a person a great entertainer.
    If it were really true that America was basing its decision on both talent and the ability to be a great entertainer, then I don't think you would have seen Lamont Dozier being so disappointed with the Thompsons in the top 3.

FORT Fan
    I think the whole problem is that people aren't thinking of the group. Many people aren't logical. They don't think, "oh Tori got in (or whoever), who would sound good with her?" They think "I can't believe <insert name here> didn't make it! I'll vote for him/her even more next week!" Thus the group probably won't sound as good as it could have.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake33
    I agree, that is the best possible fit...but, I don't think Danielle would work well with them. She is way talented, not quite as perky, and she's also about the same size as Chantel/Lucy. Maybe AJ instead of Danielle?

I'm not so sure about Danielle not working well with them. If people like Tori, Taylor, and Jordan are in the group, then Danielle doesn't have to be as perky. She could be the laidback, sensitive one. And I don't think she's the same size as Chantel/Lucy...but I could be wrong about that.

If anyone noticed last week, the order of performers was Tori, Danielle, Morgan, Chauncey, Chantel, Jordan, Katelyn, AJ, and Lucy. At the end, they all stood on opposite sides of Ryan, and you could tell the first half (Tori, Danielle, Morgan, Chauncey) were all relatively the same size and a lot shorter than the second half (Chantel, Jordan, Katelyn, Aj, and Lucy) ...except for Jordan. It was kinda funny to see Jordan standing next to all the older kids....and they're only 1 or 2 years older. Imagine how a group with Tori and Chantel in it might look.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Susieq2005
    I'm not so sure about Danielle not working well with them. If people like Tori, Taylor, and Jordan are in the group, then Danielle doesn't have to be as perky. She could be the laidback, sensitive one. And I don't think she's the same size as Chantel/Lucy...but I could be wrong about that.

If anyone noticed last week, the order of performers was Tori, Danielle, Morgan, Chauncey, Chantel, Jordan, Katelyn, AJ, and Lucy. At the end, they all stood on opposite sides of Ryan, and you could tell the first half (Tori, Danielle, Morgan, Chauncey) were all relatively the same size and a lot shorter than the second half (Chantel, Jordan, Katelyn, Aj, and Lucy) ...except for Jordan. It was kinda funny to see Jordan standing next to all the older kids....and they're only 1 or 2 years older. Imagine how a group with Tori and Chantel in it might look.
    Susieq:

I totally agree with you about Danielle being able to fit in with Taylor and Tori, or any group scenario for that matter. She has this beautiful soprano that is so different from everyone else's voice, but at the same time, it doesn't overpower. I think she's the easiest to fit into a group situation.

Where I don't agree with you is the height factor. We should definately NOT consider height when it comes to making the group. These kids are coming together to make MUSIC- so I personally think that we have to find voices that complement each other...and worry about anything else later. I know what you are saying about the height, but it really doesn't look that funny having taller and shorter kids...and they are STILL kids- they will have growth spurts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast