+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: High School Juniors?

I turned 14 in March and I am going into grade 9 at my school to be going into Grade nine you have to be born that year. For example I have a friend who is born December 31st, I am nine months older than her but she is still in my grade.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmetcalf
    According to the official website, contestants could not be 14 before 4/12/03. I've read that Lucy turned 14 even before the show aired and Chantel will turn 14 before the end of the year.
    Not usually. I know that here and Wa, and in many other states, the minimum age for kindergarten entry is 5yrs old, but most kids don't start until they are 6. I know that just about all of my and my siblings, and our family and friends were in 8th grade at 14. The only one that is going into 9th grade that I know of right now is my sister.

FORT Fanatic
    Lucy turned 14 in June. She's got a person website somewhere around here that lists her birthday. Chantel is rumored to be turning 14 in November. They wouldn't even be in the same grade.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Fan
    It depends on the area when kids can start school. Most kids start kindergarten when they are 5, but some are held back (by their parents, or the school) until they are 6. There are also tests that you can take to put your kid in school even if they are past the deadline (lfor example, if the cutoff is 9/1, and your kid was born 9/28). Therefore most people start 8th grade when they are 13, and turn 14 sometime throughout the year, but some people start 8th grade when they are already 14, or only 12.

I got the magic stick... cupcake33's Avatar
    Yeah, if Chantel's school is anything like mine (I'm turning 14 in November, too) then she's in 8th grade.

Here let me clear this up for you Chantel is turning 14 and she will be going into 8th grade and John Davis how do you know Kasey Kohl??
    ~Kimber~remember vote for Chantel Kohl!

#1 AJ MELENDEZ LOVER!! Aj & clay baby's Avatar
    I am going into high school but I will be truning 14 in december so I can't audition I think they should do teen idol!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234