+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Theme Ideas

FORT Fan

Future Theme Ideas

Next week: Gladys Knight songs
    The week after: Debbie Gibson songs

Haha...but seriously, it could work. At least give us a medley like the season one Idols did for Paula Abdul.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    When Deborah was on Good Day Live, she said that she wants the kids to sing "Electric Youth" as a group song. I downloaded it last night.. not bad.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

I think that besides years as a theme they should have gone with something that really shows off abilities and flexibility. Sort of like with AI, they had disco, then country, then movie themes, etc...
    They should have done something like that for them. Then we could see more to Danielle than quiet slower songs, more to AJ than Stevie Wonder. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because they both sound great on the songs they did, but all of them nee to mix it up a bit and sing a different kind of song to see where they stand. Tori did at least do a country song so we could see that she can sing both pop, rock and country. But a few of them need to step away from quiet balladic songs and get down!!

I agree, I like the AI themes better than year. And hopefully they won't be doing 1971 next, because they did 69, then 70. They need more modern songs, or that they've at least heard before.
    to Taylor, Chantel, Katelyn, Danielle, and Tori. Good luck on making the group!

FORT Fanatic
    uh, Debbie--i mean DEBORAH (I'll never get it right, name changes always throw me)....had more than one song?!? News to my ears!!!

I'd have to skip that episode. She irks me to no end. "Shake you love..."
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn&Carmen
    When Deborah was on Good Day Live, she said that she wants the kids to sing "Electric Youth" as a group song. I downloaded it last night.. not bad.
    Ughhh...Debbie Gibson suggested herself that the kids should sing her song? Forget about it then. I was thinking that it could be a surprise, like the Idols did for Paula Abdul.

FORT Fanatic
    I'm still puzzled as to when she recorded another song? She was totally a one hit wonder...
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani321
    I'm still puzzled as to when she recorded another song? She was totally a one hit wonder...
    Haha...okay I'm kinda embarassed to know this, but in the late '80s she was actually a HUGE recording artist for about three years or so. She was seriously like the Britney or Christina of her time...without all the sex appeal. She had two albums that were pretty popular and some of the hits were Shake Your Love, Electric Youth, Only in my Dreams, Lost in Your Eyes, and Foolish Beat...she was all over MTV and the radio.

After they make the group, I actually think Debbie would be a great "coach." She knows how to be successful as a teen pop star by creating a fun, wholesome image. We haven't seen anything like that in a while...and if done right, it could be a refreshing change from all the Britneys and Christinas, etc.

what i wanna know is how she became so successful with that lisp!!! no offense to people with lisps (i have a good friend with one!) but that bothers me like no other!! haha on the show, in her music - its pretty irritating
    I Love American Juniors!!!
    Congratulations to DANIELLE WHITE! Lucy Hale, Chauncey Matthews, and Taylor and Tori Thompson!

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani321
    Not at all. She had lots of hits. I was really into her when I was younger.
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast