+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: age of fans to age of contestants-just wondering

age of fans to age of contestants-just wondering

Hello everyone, this is my first "New Thread"

I was just wondering if it also makes sense that the older the contestant, the older his/her fans are.

It seems that Tori and Taylor have the largest fan base, but I believe that their fan base is mostly kids under the age of 12.

I am 22 and I am generally a fan of Lucy, Danielle, and Morgan, but they don't seem to get the votes they deserve because most of the voters are younger than 16 it seems.

What do you all think?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten

I was just wondering if it also makes sense that the older the contestant, the older his/her fans are.

It seems that Tori and Taylor have the largest fan base, but I believe that their fan base is mostly kids under the age of 12.

I am 22 and I am generally a fan of Lucy, Danielle, and Morgan, but they don't seem to get the votes they deserve because most of the voters are younger than 16 it seems.

What do you all think?
    I don't think that there is a direct correlation in age of contestants to age of fans.

I think the bigger reason that Lucy, Danielle, and Morgan may be suffering in lack of fan support is that they are 3 of the more "serious" vocalists in the competition. And I'm not sure people who really take music seriously care for hearing a 13 year old singer trying to sound like she's 20.

Especially with this being a TV competition, I think the biggest factors that are winning votes are: 1) Personality 2) Cuteness/Attractiveness 3) Overall fun of the performance.

Although it shouldn't be, this is more of a popularity contest than a talent competition.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten

What do you all think?
    I'm 13 and a fan of Danielle, Lucy and Jordan. I do agree with you though.

It's really hard to tell who's doing the voting. According to the Nielsen research it is mostly being viewed by kids under 16 and their parents (I'd say Moms more than Dads), but I don't think it's little kids who stay up until 11 pm to vote. And I think the kids who have that "cute" factor probably appeal to plenty of women.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    I'm 16 and a fan of Katelyn, Danielle, and Chauncey. I always vote the entire 2 hours. I think it's just more older kids and adults voting the entire time.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

I got the magic stick... cupcake33's Avatar
    I'm 13, and I'm a huge fan of Danielle. Personally, I think her, Morgan, & Lucy are the best in the competition, and they're usually the only ones that get my votes. (Unless somebody else exceeds expectations, etc) So, I kinda disagree with your theory.

FORT Newbie
    I'm 13 and a huge Tori fan. My second favorite is Jordan and then probably Lucy. I vote 2 hour for Tori. I just think she is very appealing. She kind of reminds me of me when I was her age. She is just a sweet girl and I love her voice.

FORT Fanatic
    17 - I like Lucy, Morgan, and Danielle (as I've said, her voice is great but she hasn't given me a performance worth voting for).

I don't care for the younger girls, but I also know parents who feel they're obnoxious - so I'd have to imagine their votes come from the under 13 age group; and then their parents, who want to make their kids happy.

I can agree more now hearing more opinions with what everyone is saying about the cuteness factor. I suppose that since it is televised and people do obviously want to look at and listen to people with decent voices, cute faces, and bubbly personalities. It is "America's Group" so America is going to get what it wants by voting for their favorites. All the kids have had their great performances and obviously have talent if they have gotten this far. And maybe the reason Lucy and Danielle and a few others aren't getting the votes is because they weren't made for this. In my opinion the two of them were made for solo careers anyway because their voices are so pure and beautiful. I wouldn't want my voice mixed in with others if it was like theirs!

FORT Fan
    I'm 15 and my favorite girls are Taylor, Danielle, Katelyn, Tori, and Jordan. Morgan and Chauncey are, in my opini Same with my mom. All over the board.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast