+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: age of fans to age of contestants-just wondering

FORT Fan
    ***Morgan and Chauncey, in my opinion, are the best guys.**** sorry everyone.

I'm 15, and a fan of Danielle, Taylor, and Katelyn. I think most of the voters are probably 10-20 years old, because younger kids wouldn't stay up that late, or probably not be that interested in spending so much time on it.
    to Taylor, Chantel, Katelyn, Danielle, and Tori. Good luck on making the group!

cho
    FORT Regular
    I can't vote at all, but I love Tori and I'm 18 so I'm working against the age thing...

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    I'm 13 and for my favorite, just check my sig, personal text, and avatar.
    My favorites in the top 9 are A.J. and Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    I think the bigger reason that Lucy, Danielle, and Morgan may be suffering in lack of fan support is that they are 3 of the more "serious" vocalists in the competition. And I'm not sure people who really take music seriously care for hearing a 13 year old singer trying to sound like she's 20.

Especially with this being a TV competition, I think the biggest factors that are winning votes are: 1) Personality 2) Cuteness/Attractiveness 3) Overall fun of the performance.

Although it shouldn't be, this is more of a popularity contest than a talent competition.
    I do agree with your point that this is more a popularity contest than anything else; however, "people who take music seriously" actually prefer vocal talent over all else. Perhaps the lack of fan base for these individuals is based the fact that few people are taking the music part of it seriously.

It would be great to have a contest like this where the contestants can ONLY be heard, not seen. Sort of like playing a CD or listening to the radio.

As for the "age" issue, I think the older we get, the more sophisticated our pallets become and, generally, the best singers will matter over looks, attire, personality, or parental promotion.

I think if we could just hear them and nothing else, that would work a lot better. It would be a very boring show, but it would get the better voices in.
    to Taylor, Chantel, Katelyn, Danielle, and Tori. Good luck on making the group!

FORT Fanatic
    It seems that Tori and Taylor have the largest fan base, but I believe that their fan base is mostly kids under the age of 12.
    Nope. Nowhere near that age (wow, those were the days...what would that be, 6th grade?)...and I adore Taylor and Tori.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Fanatic
    And I speak for myself on this issue (no, I speak for my sister as well), but this is about the 8th show I've seen Morgan on. While I don't deny he has talent, I'm tired of seeing him over and over and over again. I want to see "fresh" talent.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

22 and a fan of Tori, Taylor and Jordan

I am 14 and my favourite is Danielle. I am also a fan of Chantel and Jordan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast