+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do We Expect Too Much From Certain People?

Then how come Jordan is always rated last in opinion polls and is never in the top 3??

BTW...the more I see of Jordan and how consistently wonderful she is, the more I wonder why she isn't getting more votes. You can see she's really working hard to try gain a spot in the group. She may not have a 30 year old womans voice like Chantel, Lucy and Katelyn, but she sounds like a "kid" with a wonderful, strong voice and always puts on a great, energetic show for the audience.

I hope she starts to get some recognition...she deserves it

FORT Fanatic
    BTW...the more I see of Jordan and how consistently wonderful she is, the more I wonder why she isn't getting more votes. You can see she's really working hard to try gain a spot in the group. She may not have a 30 year old womans voice like Chantel, Lucy and Katelyn, but she sounds like a "kid" with a wonderful, strong voice and always puts on a great, energetic show for the audience.
    That's my whole point - who cares how old they sound? If you're the best - you're the best.

I got the magic stick... cupcake33's Avatar
    I agree with the concept, but I mostly disagree with the people you've set as examples. (YeahYeah) Chantel's performance was pretty bad, and IMO she was bottom of the pack Tuesday. I think that the people who haven't met our expectations are the people that maybe shouldn't be making the group, as opposed to Danielle, Morgan, Lucy (I suppose you could say AJ, Jordan, Katelyn..it all depends on who your favorites are) who have been consistently awesome.

FORT Fanatic
    I think you're agreeing with me; but misunderstanding my point?

I said - Chantel has done so well before, but Tuesday, she was very poor (neck & neck with Tori for the worst of the night) in my opinion. However, a weak performance for her gets scored a lot lower by fans than by Tori, since fans expect Tori to be a nine year old; but Chantel to be an adult. Same goes for Lucy & Katelyn.

I got the magic stick... cupcake33's Avatar
    Sorry, my post was really unclear. I actually do kind of disagree still...since the semis, I haven't had high expectations for Chantel. IMO, she was bottom of the pack, but it isn't because of expectations. Just because it hurts my ears to listen to her! I compare all these kids on the same level-- they're all competing for the same "prize", it shouldn't matter what age they are. (And I think that's the point you're trying to make. So I partially agree )

FORT Fogey
    The whole thing with certian kids getting more media time, etc. just makes this s cuteness/popularity contest. THIS IS A TALENT CONTEST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! America should get their ears checked, because some of the contestants getting to the Top 3 don't deserve to be. JMO

-Rach

THIS IS A TALENT CONTEST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
    If you think that, you may end up sadly mistaken. I think it's a bit more than talent the voters are looking for. I think it's a combination of talent, looks, dancing, charisma, personality, drama, confidence...and I'm sure many things I haven't even mentioned.

Obviously a great many of the voters want a group that THEY choose that they would enjoy watching as well as listening to in the future.

Today, it seems to take a lot more than just talent to get by in the entertainment industry.

I don't think Britney Spears has the talent of a bull-frog, but she obviously had an all-around appeal...or is a total "package" of what the industry and viewing audience wants. Likewise with someone like Jennifer Aniston who I don't particularly think can act (in my opinion of course) but she is hugely popular.

I think all 10 of these kids DO have a "real" and wonderful talent. But in the end, the voters will put through who they feel will be the most appealing, marketable and lasting group based on their own personal opinions.

FORT Fan
    I totally agree Shaenee. Vocal talent isn't all that's important in forming a group. Some of the most vocally talented, in my opinion, are worst suited for the group.

FORT Fanatic
    I don't think Britney Spears has the talent of a bull-frog, but she obviously had an all-around appeal...or is a total "package" of what the industry and viewing audience wants. Likewise with someone like Jennifer Aniston who I don't particularly think can act (in my opinion of course) but she is hugely popular.

- Britney Spears got into fame by being a role-model for younger girls (they wanted to see an attractive young woman sing), but before long, it was her appeal and profit from her original songs, that kept her at the top.

- While I don't watch Friends, that show is quite popular so there's your Jennifer Aniston audience. I've never heard her work praised elsewhere (I believe Lisa Kudrow gets all the praise for the Friends' females, in terms of humor/talent) for acting, but people do like her look.

If you think that, you may end up sadly mistaken. I think it's a bit more than talent the voters are looking for. I think it's a combination of talent, looks, dancing, charisma, personality, drama, confidence...and I'm sure many things I haven't even mentioned.

Talent is an important part, but if you look at the big stars of today, almost all of them are good-looking, out-going people, with great personalities. Just because you can sing well isn't enough anymore.
    to Taylor, Chantel, Katelyn, Danielle, and Tori. Good luck on making the group!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast