+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The top ten is all messed up.

The top ten is all messed up.

well first i like to say wuz up to all members of this forum thingy this is my first post but ive reading others posts for a couple of weeks.

Well down to business like i said in the subject i think the top ten is all screwed up some of the kids that made it there should be there. like those cheesy thompson sisters they have a unfair advantage over all the other kids since one sister all already got in then there family has basically won i think that should disqualify the other sister. I also think there are too many girls and not enough guys in the top ten 7 to 3 thats stupid. it should have 5 of each, the only guy that i think has a chance of making the group is AJ but that would be stupid to have a group with 4 girls and 1 boy. i think the fox people are going to fix the votes to put morgan or chauncey in the group cuz it would be dumb to have 1 boy. brennan or canyon or quiton would have been a good repaclement for chuancey he's too weak looking and sounding. i think judges should of picked the top ten out of 20 the semi-finalists instead the people. if someone at fox doesnt come up with a good idea of how to fix the top ten problem then the future group is going to be crap. well thats i got to say for now. peace it peoples

my motto
    "Why cant we all just get along"

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    Well, let me just say the only thing I agree with in your entire post is your motto. 'Nough said.
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Most guys at this age don't have the vocal talent that girls have and thats why there's less in the top ten.. and were less in the top 20. There voice is going to change before long so it would kinda screw things up for the group. Thats why I'm hoping for an all-girl group.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

an all girl group would be okay but doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose of the whole show. they are trying to make the next teen pop sensation group and i dont think a group full of girls will cut it anymore. look at dream, play, and no secrets and all those others girl groups that washed up. i think it would be better if there were at least two guys in the group and the only guy in the top ten that makes the cut is AJ. all's im saying is that they should of put more guys in the top ten then there are now like brennan or canyon for example. i also think it would be stupid to have two sisters in the same group that look and sound alike. it would be a funny lookin group with two sisters two other girls and one guy.

"why cant we all just get along"

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Actually, Dream has a new single out. Just wanted to share that.

About your original post, I, too, only agree with your motto.

FORT Regular
    I agree that having an all-girl group would defeat the purpose of the show and a 4 girl/1 guy group would be kinda weird too. But the girls are more talented than the boys...so we'll have to see what happens.

I also think the sisters have an unfair advantage, but it would be unreasonable to disqualify Tori just because they're sisters. That wouldn't be very fair either, would it?

thank u susieq someone hears where im coming from. but i still think the other sister should be disqualified, i see it as there family having two chances to win, plus they look and sound so much alike they might as well be twins. i thought the fox people where lookin for a diverse group not a bunch of copy cats and plain janes. dont get me wrong i think the sisters are good and all but its just too much of the same thing.
    Hey im gald u all like my motto.
    peace out

FORT Fan
    At first I though it should have been 5 girls and 5 guys. But here's the senario. Say you have 10 awesome guys and 10 fair girls as your semi-finalists. Some of the guys get robbed of their oppertunities when they're really better than some of the final 5 girls. On shows like this, some people are going to get lucky, it just depends on how the voting goes.

I think the purpose of the show is and was to let American vote and choose the members of the next teen pop sensation. If America picks all girls, so be it. Whatever happens, the group will be fine. All 10 finalists are wonderful.

And as for the poor Thompson sisters... I do agree FOX has played up the whole sister thing, but I feel bad for them. They just happened to be two sisters who both happen like singing and entertaining, so they auditioned for a new reality show where they would possibly get the chance to sing and entertain professionally. They aren't in control of who got picked to be in final 20, even 10. Taylor totally deserves her spot- Proud Mary was by far the best TOTAL performance (which doesn't just include voice...) of the night. And little Tori's just 9 years old... Cut the kids a break.

All just my opinion...

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonte
    but i still think the other sister should be disqualified, i see it as there family having two chances to win, plus they look and sound so much alike they might as well be twins. i thought the fox people where lookin for a diverse group not a bunch of copy cats and plain janes. dont get me wrong i think the sisters are good and all but its just too much of the same thing.
    She shouldn't be DQ'd. Because they are sisters don't mean a thing. Hundreds of sibblings tried out - should they be DQ'd too? They are two seperate kids. They may have come from the same house, but they are still very different. I say all of the country singers sound the same - should they all stop singing? Fox has chosen they're semi-finalists and no one can change that. I really wanted someone to get into the top 10, but she didn't. I'll stop right there...

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    To put more guys in the top ten would be unfair because they arent as talented. What do you want to do, replace Canyon with Jordan? Even that would be ridiculous. The boys simply don't have the talent. The only one who really deserves to be in the group IMO is Morgan.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast