+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 'Age-Appropriate Songs' Suggestion Thread

The 'Age-Appropriate Songs' Suggestion Thread

I've been reading all the comments from those who feel that a lot of the AJ kids have been singing songs with lyrics that are inappropriate for their ages, with some of you even feeling that the songs should not even be about love. While I don't agree with this point of view for the most part, I thought this would be a semi-fun discussion to get us all through the next long week. Can you suggest some songs that would be age-appropriate for 9 to 13 year olds?

Here are a (very) few off the top of my head:

"Hair" from the musical of the same name
    "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Miserables

and for group numbers, how about:

"Rock Around the Clock"
    or
    "It's a Hard-Knock Life"? (NOT the Jay-Z version.... lol)

FORT Fanatic
    "Lullaby of Broadway"
    "A Star Is Born"
    "Amazing Grace"
    "Forever Young"
    "Grow for Me" (from little shop of horrors)
    "Dancing in the Street"
    "Beautiful Dreamer"
    "Lean on Me"
    "Stand by Me"
    "Wully Bully"
    "Summertime Blues"
    "Rockin' Robin"
    "Johnny B. Goode"
    "Give My Regards to Broadway"
    "Dixie"...on second though, hahaha, we'll remove that one...hahaha
    "Witches Brew"
    "Heaven is a Place on Earth"
    "Celebration"
    "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (as long as Morgan doesn't sing it)
    "Swinging on a Star"
    "Flying Without Wings" (Westlife, not Ruben)
    "With Arms Wide Open"
    "Sweet 16" (only because i LOVE Paul Anka!)
    "Brown-eyed Girl"

I can go on and on. I've been around this "business" for a looooongggg time. I've heard a lot of music sang!
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Oh yeah Dani....Morgan singing "Brown-eyed Girl". He would be fantastic with that song!

FORT Fanatic
    hm, I could too, LOL. Let's see if I can match up a kid with the songs I listed above...

Beautiful Dreamer, without a doubt, Danielle. That would be a BEAUTIFUL song.

Brown-eyed Girl, Morgan, I could totally see him shaking and clapping. Perfect choice! And the sha-la-la's...I think I scored with that one!

Summertime Blues, Tori--the song requires a lot of attitude, not to mention I enjoy the country version

Rockin' Robin--AJ. I think this voice would fit all the long notes. I'd love to hear him sing that...

Forever Young--Katelyn--it's boring, which is about the type of music she choses anyways

Wully Bully--Taylor. A great dancing song, and all her songs seem to be upbeat dancing songs anyways. Plus it's one that can really show off her voice without requiring her to sing high

Lullaby of Broadway--Chantel, another song I'd LOVE to hear her sing. It starts of really low, but really would challenge her voice near the end--in a really good way

Dancing in the Street--Jordan. Another high energy song that doesn't have tough vocals

Amazing Grace--Lucy. I think I'd have chill bumps for the first time ever. I'm sure her rendention of Amazing Grace brings tears to the eyes of the old people in her church

hmmm...

Somewhere Over the Rainbow--Chauncey, mainly because I think he has a very pure voice to be a male, and I know he won't turn it into an aerobics routine like Morgan

that wasn't hard at all. The producers should contact me, I could totally help them out!

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani321
    Forever Young--Katelyn--it's boring, which is about the type of music she choses anyways
    Agreed!
    Also agree with most of the others, perfect songs for them though not many quick peppy ones could make for a boring night!
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani321
    hm, I could too, LOL. Let's see if I can match up a kid with the songs I listed above...

Beautiful Dreamer, without a doubt, Danielle. That would be a BEAUTIFUL song.

Brown-eyed Girl, Morgan, I could totally see him shaking and clapping. Perfect choice! And the sha-la-la's...I think I scored with that one!

Summertime Blues, Tori--the song requires a lot of attitude, not to mention I enjoy the country version

Rockin' Robin--AJ. I think this voice would fit all the long notes. I'd love to hear him sing that...

Wully Bully--Taylor. A great dancing song, and all her songs seem to be upbeat dancing songs anyways. Plus it's one that can really show off her voice without requiring her to sing high

Lullaby of Broadway--Chantel, another song I'd LOVE to hear her sing. It starts of really low, but really would challenge her voice near the end--in a really good way

Dancing in the Street--Jordan. Another high energy song that doesn't have tough vocals

Amazing Grace--Lucy. I think I'd have chill bumps for the first time ever. I'm sure her rendention of Amazing Grace brings tears to the eyes of the old people in her church

hmmm...

Somewhere Over the Rainbow--Chauncey, mainly because I think he has a very pure voice to be a male, and I know he won't turn it into an aerobics routine like Morgan

that wasn't hard at all. The producers should contact me, I could totally help them out!
    They should contact you! I'd love to see them do those. Good Job

I think that for a group song (or maybe a solo) they should do "Sing a Song" i think thats the title.
    You know, "sing, sing a song, sing it loud to last your whole life long! don't matter if its not good enough for anyone else to hear just sing. sing a song!"
    It's cheesy, but so are the other group songs they've done!
    ~*~~*~Julie is still my American Junior!

That's the song they used for the AI finale with Edgar, Patrick Lake ,the two sets of twins etc.

I think that would be a cute song for them to sing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    quit picking on katelyn...i told you she doesn't get to choose her songs

FORT Fanatic
    And I told you I don't believe it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast