+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next Weeks Results Show

Next Weeks Results Show

Anybody wanna give a guess as to what the group performance song might be?
    After looking at a list of the top 100 songs of 1970 (I wasn't born till the mid 80's so I have noooooo idea what songs there were) I think two very possible songs are Travelin Band by Creedence Clearwater Revival and United We Stand by The Brotherhood of Man (mind you i have no clue what these sound like but I read the lyrics and they were pretty good)

Songs I think it would be entertaining to hear and see:
    Band of Gold/Leaving on a Jet Plane/Hitchin' a Ride - and all three I have listened to before. I think Band of Gold would be great.. awesome song.

What do you think?

Everything Is Beautiful

I dunno.. for some reason I'd think they'd want to steer clear of that song just because it says "Jesus" multiple times and I'm sure they'd be worried about someone going into a "religion-fit" saying stuff about different religions and such.. I could be wrong tho

FORT Fanatic
    hahahaha, but if you remember, Chantel did sing about him--in fact, she raised the roof for Jesus. It kinda humored me, because I'm pretty sure they're Catholic, not Baptist, but I took it all in good stride. I wouldn't mind a good Jesus song. All their little religions mixing...

Was there a remake of This Little Light of Mine in 1970? We could bring some candles up on stage...
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

hahaha funny funny - yeah and about this "raising the roof" thing - how come I don't remember it?? what episode and what song?? give me some details about that to refresh my memory please.. i have absolutely NO recollection of it.. im sad about that - it must have been pretty funny!

I got the magic stick... cupcake33's Avatar
    This week, in Stoney End--there was a lyric like "I was raised on the Good Book Jesus" (?) and she raised the roof with one arm. Bring back anything?

But all they say is "Jesus loves the little children" not "I love Jesus" or "Jesus is My Lord" so I don't think it's a problem unless one of the parents objects.

FORT Fanatic
    Yes, the (stupid) song says (makes no sense) "I was raised on the Good Book Jesus" and Chantel "raised the roof"...it really was humorous, in a really cute little way. My favorite part by far!

I'm all for Jesus Loves the Little Children! That would be adorable.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

+ Reply to Thread