+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do the sisters have an unfair advantage?

:+:Lucy and Katey:+: CanyonsSis's Avatar

Do the sisters have an unfair advantage?

Ok, Tori and Taylor are good, yes. But do they really give me goosebumps like Lucy, Danielle, or AJ? No. I think that they have a huge fan base number one because they're "cute" and number two becuase of the whole sisters thing. I was ok with the fact that Taylor made it becuase I like her a lot better than her sister. But Tori and Taylor only have the fan base that they do for those reasons. Please vote for the right reasons: talent and style. Not because they're cute or related.
    Keeper Of:
    AJ's "Still" performance
    Danielle's "Daydream Believer" performance
    Katelyn's brother Drew
    MY PENPAL: AMERICANBABE

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    I agree. I voted for Taylor, and though I think Tori's good, she's not one I'll be voting for much. Tori's good but not terribly consistent. Others, such as Jordan and Morgan, are.
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

Thank you! no one ever seems to agree with me on this subject.
    Keeper Of:
    AJ's "Still" performance
    Katelyn's brother Drew

I got the magic stick... cupcake33's Avatar
    True dat! I think they are really cute, but top 5 material? Not neccesarily...it would look good in the group to have sisters, so Fox is gonna market them really heavily. Last night, I had to tape it so I was voting in the last hour and a half--I checked which lines were busy and the only busy signal I got was Tori. I really don't think her performance last night deserved that many votes, but that's just me.

Also I think people just stick with voting for the people they've liked since the beginning, no matter how good or bad their most recent performance was. I think a person should vote based on the performaces that the contestants had just done.
    Keeper Of:
    AJ's "Still" performance
    Katelyn's brother Drew

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyonsSis
    Ok, Tori and Taylor are good, yes. But do they really give me goosebumps like Lucy, Danielle, or AJ? No. I think that they have a huge fan base number one because they're "cute" and number two becuase of the whole sisters thing. I was ok with the fact that Taylor made it becuase I like her a lot better than her sister. But Tori and Taylor only have the fan base that they do for those reasons. Please vote for the right reasons: talent and style. Not because they're cute or related.
    '

I agree, I don't think either of them are very good.

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyonsSis
    Also I think people just stick with voting for the people they've liked since the beginning, no matter how good or bad their most recent performance was. I think a person should vote based on the performaces that the contestants had just done.
    Yes! Thank you! Someone else realizes this! People just vote for their favorites, no matter how they and the other kids do! Not cool! Or fair!
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

Keeper Of:
    AJ's "Still" performance
    Katelyn's brother Drew

I "STILL" love A.J.!
    I thought Taylor was a lot better then Tori, so I wasn't really upset when she made the group, although they're are a lot of people in the Top 10 that deserved a spot before her imo. I don't think Tori is good enough to be in the group, but I know she'll get in because she has a large fan base and because her sister is in the competition. I hope if someone is going to vote for Tori they are voting for her because they think she performed well, not because she's cute, or because her sister is already in the band.

not to be mean at all, but everyone is forgetting something important: although i hate to admit it, people are not voting just by there ability to sing. Granted people like Lucy and Chantel do have amazing voices - but do they have the "image" of being in a pre-teen/teen pop group??? Taylor and Tori - they're cute, then can dance, and they look good on camera.. now of course if they were terrible singers that would bring their amount of votes down but the thing is - their not bad singers. If people voted just upon their singing capabilites i believe that they could still keep up with the votes but they way the look and act helps them TREMENDOUSLY. Luckily, they've both had the same type of training so they both have the ability to make it into the band. I think that if there had been a great difference in their abilities to sing, the producers of AJ would have sent one of them home early, just like they did to Katelyn and her sister. Back to Lucy and Chantel not having the "image" for the group (sorry this may be a bit off topic but i think i have a point haha) They are older and more mature with their looks and their voices. I think in a few years both of them would have outgrown this "teeny-bopper pop group" and wanted to do better things, such as Nick Carter and Justin Timberlake. They do not have child voices, but more mature "choir" voices if you will... and I can see why Chantel chose a Celine Dione (I think?) song for her audition piece as Celine has a very deep and mature voice. I think all of these kids are doing a fantastic job, however, and if they don't make it into the group, I think solo or theatrical acts are on the way, especially for Danielle (theater), Morgan (theater or solo), and Chantel and Lucy (solo). Good Luck Kids!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast