+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do the sisters have an unfair advantage?

FORT Fanatic
    And, what happened to Grace Leer? She got the media coverage, however; where is she now....
    Acutally, it proves that Fox did try to push the children with media coverage to make it to the top 20. Grace was in the top 20. I'm pretty sure Fox wanted her to be in the top 10, and tried to push that to the public as well. However, the public did not see Grace as top 10 material.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    ...and they didn't push her nearly as much as the Thompsons and Chantel.
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

I think people should judge them individually other than the "sisters". They both have strengths and weaknesses! I like them both and I want them both to make it!
    K e l s e y

Keeper of:
    1* All of Jordan's performances!
    2* Jordan's tears!
    3* AJ's face and hair!

xoxkels06xox - I agree. Why do you refer to them as "the sisters"?
    Do you think people are going to vote for Tori because of sympathy?

How do you know if they're going to give her sympathy votes. You probably won't, how do you know others will? How would you feel if she got voted in because she's really good ... you wouldn't know and you'd say it's just because they're "sisters".
    I want to meet Taylor.

FORT Fan
    As much as I think the Thompson sisters DON'T DESERVE to be the first and second chairs in the group...I don't think they have an unfair advantage...Being sisters makes them memorable but people aren't going to vote for them simply because they are sisters...People are voting for them because they liked their performances.

Initially, I thought being sisters could work against them because they could split the vote...But at the same time...it was inevitable that if one made the group, the other would be voted in...which is the only "unfair advantage" since they seem almost like a package deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    Initially, I thought being sisters could work against them because they could split the vote...But at the same time...it was inevitable that if one made the group, the other would be voted in...which is the only "unfair advantage" since they seem almost like a package deal.
    Don't you see? The "only" disadvantage is that if one gets in, both gets in. The "only" one is a quite large one.

FORT Fanatic
    ...and they didn't push her nearly as much as the Thompsons and Chantel.
    Acutally, they did. They pushed her MORE than Chantel. They must've intereviwed her dad Buzz 40 times. They showed her singing "One Step Closer' (they didn't show Chantel) and they used her on the commerical.

And with Chantel, not only the commerical that caught everyone's eye--but the crying dad. Totally overplayed in my opinion. In fact, rewatching my tape, it's kinda obvious they were pushing for her. "Bias aside, Chantel Kohl's dad has reason to be proud." which is their fancy way of saying "The kid's got talent, and emotional dad--a shoo in!"

there were plenty of kids with unfair advantages, so if we discuss two, let's discuss them all. To single one set of sisters out is completely unfair.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    Don't you see? The "only" disadvantage is that if one gets in, both gets in. The "only" one is a quite large one.
    Yeah, but you shouldn't be looking at it that way...

There was no guarantee that Taylor would be the first chosen...I think it was acutally a surprise to many. So we really have to give credit to Taylor for earning the most votes.

Also, having the Thompson sisters in the group would only be "unfair" if they weren't good enough...but I don't think there is any debate they proved that they are good enough to be in the Top 10. They may have not been the best, but I don't really have a problem with them being in the group (just not the first two chosen...but in the end, does that really matter?). If they gave bad performances or weren't very talented, then having them in the group could be considered unfair.

But I think the whole process was fair and Taylor earned her way in the group, and if Tori gets in, she will have earned her way in as well. They wouldn't be my picks (or yours, judging by your comments), but you can't take that away from them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234