+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do the sisters have an unfair advantage?

AJ is THE American Junior buggychic89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maleady33
    YES! One-word answer to the thread question. Yes. Simple as that.

-Rach
    i agree
    ..:: Pami ::..

I love AJ!!!

AJ will ALWAYS be MY American Junior!!!!

Congrats: Tori, Taylor, Chauncey, Lucy, and Danielle!!!

FORT Newbie
    No, i think they're really good singers and if Tori gets voted in it's not because that Taylor's in the group, it's because she's really good at singing

:+:Lucy and Katey:+: CanyonsSis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torisbiggestfan
    Well I am Tori's biggest fan, but I must say they do have an unfair advantage! Tori deserves it though!
    Wow, I really admire the fact that even though you are "Tori's biggest fan" you can realize and admit the unfair advantage.
    Keeper Of:
    AJ's "Still" performance
    Danielle's "Daydream Believer" performance
    Katelyn's brother Drew
    MY PENPAL: AMERICANBABE

Of course they do. The producers picked them as kids they would prefer America vote into the group. If they had spent the same amount of time on Quentin or Brennan, they might have made it into the top ten. But who ever said reality TV was fair?

maleady33 said:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YES! One-word answer to the thread question. Yes. Simple as that.

-Rach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also agree with this one
    AJ is my true American Junior!
    ~Heather~

Yes, I do think they are at an advantage, but if the whole truth be told, they deserve it. I think they are extremely talented young ladies. However, they do seem to have a larger fan base than other contestants, and I think that has definetly helped their status in this competition.. but, I definetly think that they deserve everything they've received, and I do have to say they've accomplished a lot for little girls. That is something that also catches the eye of the viewers.
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

FORT Newbie
    Defenitely yes.

FORT Fanatic
    If we're talking about unfair advantages, it must be dually noted that Chantel, too, has a very unfair advantage. As I said in an earlier thread, people knew her face before the show even began, and were immediately blown away by her voice.

The argument can be made that "she can sing" and the Thompson sisters can not, however, that's purely opinion, and can't be used as a valid excuse.

So that being said, it appears that 3 out of the 5 members were set up from the start.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

I'm so tired of this arguement. Imagine yourself in this position.
    Say you wanted to be a world class soccer player and you had the talent, dedication and were already well on your way.
    But...your older brother is already playing on the US soccer team and people start saying well YOU shouldn't make it because they're only giving you a chance because your brother's so good.
    It would feel awful to know that you have just as much talent but you never get credit for it. And then if you do make it, people say you had an "unfair advantage" because of your brother, instead of looking at you as an individual and saying "Yeah...you are fantastic and deserving all on your own"

Both Taylor and Tori have talent, just as the other 8 kids (and even the ones before that) do. To take that away from either one of them is just wrong.

While I won't argue that Fox has pushed the sister thing (which I'm sure bothers the 2 sisters MORE than it bothers anyone else) I still don't think you can take away from the fact that they are both individuals and each deserve the same chance accordingly.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaenee
    Both Taylor and Tori have talent, just as the other 8 kids (and even the ones before that) do. To take that away from either one of them is just wrong.

While I won't argue that Fox has pushed the sister thing (which I'm sure bothers the 2 sisters MORE than it bothers anyone else) I still don't think you can take away from the fact that they are both individuals and each deserve the same chance accordingly.
    Exactly. I feel bad for the poor kids. They aren't involved in the advertising or voting, so cut the girls a break.

All 10 finalists are great, and anyone who argues probably couldn't do any better... However, if you like the more peppy pop sound you're going to go for the Taylor's, Tori's, and Jordan's. If you like, as someone said, the "ballad" songers, Chantel and Lucy are more your forte. It's all a matter of opinion.

And yea, Taylor and Tori have an advantage. That doesn't mean they're not talented. Chatel got a lot of media as well, but she's a wonderful singer none the less. And, what happened to Grace Leer? She got the media coverage, however; where is she now....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast