+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do the sisters have an unfair advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorsFANatic
    Taylor and Tori - they're cute, then can dance, and they look good on camera.. now of course if they were terrible singers that would bring their amount of votes down but the thing is - their not bad singers. If people voted just upon their singing capabilites i believe that they could still keep up with the votes but they way the look and act helps them TREMENDOUSLY.
    The way they *act*? LOLOL. Taylor never smiles unless she's faking it for the camera. It may not be the way she is in real life, but if you ask me, she comes off as something of a sourpuss. Tori is much more upbeat - but her performances are JonBenet-style creepy. You can definitely tell that little girl is pageant-trained. (At least she is performing, though, which is more than some of those kids could do.)

I'm so curious as to who is voting, period. What's the main demographic? Is it teenage girls? Grandmas? Creepy old men? I can see why a grandma or a mom would vote for the little Thompson girls, especially if they remind them of their own kids. But it seems to me that teens/preteens tend to idolize (no pun intended, honest) the performers who have an older look and sound. To them, I'm guessing that the sister thing makes no difference - if anyone in that age group is actually watching/voting at all.

FORT Fanatic
    No more than any other sibling duo Fox was bound to put on the show just to annoying it's younger views and swoon it's adult viewers.

Sweet, I think the majority of voters are indeed adults. Having a much different ear than 13 and 14 year olds (no offense), it's easy to tell you that they DO believe Tori has talent. My mother and her friends absolutely adore Tori, and they think she is extremely talented. It's easier, as a grown adult with grown children, to see talent in young children. It's completely different for a 12 year old to see that talent.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Fanatic
    I also think it depends on what type of group you want. A boring ballad group, or a pop group. Lucy to me is a ballad singer, and after Chantel's performance last night (which, I will admit, was better than Barbara's), I think she is too. I don't want a ballad group, so I'm not going to vote for ballad singers. They do nothing for me. If the majority of Americans want a peppy group, they're not going to vote in ballad singers to get a peppy sound. It doesn't work like that.

And for the record, none of these singers give me goosebumps. Nowhere close...so I'm not voting on that factor.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani321
    I also think it depends on what type of group you want. A boring ballad group, or a pop group. Lucy to me is a ballad singer, and after Chantel's performance last night (which, I will admit, was better than Barbara's), I think she is too. I don't want a ballad group, so I'm not going to vote for ballad singers. They do nothing for me. If the majority of Americans want a peppy group, they're not going to vote in ballad singers to get a peppy sound. It doesn't work like that.
    Dani, that is something that I had not thought about, and I think that you are absolutely right. While Lucy, Katelyn, and A.J. are my favorite singers, I definitely see Taylor, Tori, and Jordan as being far more able to perform in a teen pop group style. They are, as you said, peppy!!

meh actually this is better since tori will make it anyway, might as well get her and taylor in first so i don't have to hit the mute button every week.

FORT Fan
    wow...I soooo agree...the whole thing has been so staged..with the Producers behind it...the "ugly duckling"...feel sorry for them, will the sisters both get in...ugh..

something very phoney and "pagent" cute about them...

and Tori's performance this week was sooo weak, she really does not deserve to get in. I wish they would have made a "no siblings" rule..I am afraid they will dominate the group....and make it unwatchable...
    I am getting very sick of their wink, nod, point pagent kid moves JMO

FORT Fogey
    YES! One-word answer to the thread question. Yes. Simple as that.

-Rach

Hmmmm, good point Dani.
    I think Chantel and Kucy are almost too mature in their style to be in the group woth the likes of Taylor and Tori who are much more energetic perfromers.
    The difference in performance style is massive.
    "That's Numberwang!"

i think people also want to have them both in thier because they might feel bad for tori if she didnt get in

FORT Newbie
    Well I am Tori's biggest fan, but I must say they do have an unfair advantage! Tori deserves it though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast