+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AI Tour Recap, play by play w/songs

Shazzer, is the “Stuck on You” by Staci Orico, sung by Kim C., the same song Lionel Ritchie recorded (and maybe wrote) or a different song?

Sounds like Ruben gets at least one perk for being THE American Idol -- getting to do two solos back to back on the tour, when no one else does. Seems fair to me.

20 minute intermission

Kim L. and Ruben – something about “the best things in life are free”
    Was this the old 1950s pop song that goes "The moon belong to everyone. The best things in life are free. ...
    And love can come to anyone. The best things in life are free."?
    Or was it a newer song with that same title/hook?

BTW, now that you guys have described the concert, I'm ticked that I didn't try to get tickets for the Seattle show!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella
    Was this the old 1950s pop song that goes "The moon belong to everyone. The best things in life are free. ...
    And love can come to anyone. The best things in life are free."?
    Or was it a newer song with that same title/hook?
    Didn't Janet Jackson and someone (Luther Vandross, I think) do a duet called "The Best Things In Life Are Free"? Maybe it's that song...

GREAT RECAPS!!!!

Ruben's song with Fat Joe is titled, "Can I Get Your Attention?", although Pretty Toes is OK with me.

The song Ruben and Kim sang is probably the Luther Vandross/Janet Jackson version of "The Best Things In Life Are Free".

Can't wait to go in August! Can someone give us an idea of items and cost for sale that we might want to purchase for friends who didn't get tickets? Thank U!
    Sing & dance the night away!

Zippy, pepper, fluff, greenflute, aikenMI, TB25, and Grisabella, thanks for the kind comments.

Yes, I did write down the songs they sang, and then jotted down things from memory during the intermission and put the rest here before going to bed when I got home. I was almost going to be lazy and not do it, but I knew I’d want to really remember it.

Greenflute, can I go with you? j/k I want to see it again! My co-workers made fun of me this morning when I said I wanted to basically groupie-it-up and follow the tour around the country. I’m halfway ready to drive to Chicago (not really, but at least motivation-wise I am).

TB25 – I hope they do broadcast it. I thought the same thing. I.e. they showcased last year’s concert on TV, why not this year’s? (Yeah, they have to sell tickets, but I’m thinking it would promote the show, too).

Spikebop – thanks, I couldn’t think of Charle’s song title, “Do I Do”

Grisabella – Kim C.’s “Stuck” song is the one on the Now That’s What I Call Music 13 cd. You can hear it via amazon. I’m not sure about “the best things in life are free”, in my head, I can’t “hear” the 50’s version, but this was upbeat and pretty hip, so if it was the 50’s version, it must have been updated.

COST OF ITEMS AT CONCERT:
    I ended up buying nothing. The program was $20, and a lady next to me bought one, it pretty much looked like each contestant's home page on AI, nothing special, but there were head shot pull outs, but again, same photos on the AI website.

The t-shirts were......duh duh duh........$30! Yes....I said....30....dollars....for a t-shirt. I did not buy one. Maybe I haven't been to a concert in a while, but I don't care if the t-shirt dances, I'm not paying 30 dollars for it.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

This is a more detailed recap of the “Lady is a Tramp”/”Bootylicious” number as per TB’s request.

Bootylicious – The Lady is a Tramp – The boys started with their song first, and danced around very schmaltzy-Frank Sinatra/Sammy Davis Jr.-esque around the bar that popped up, dressed all in white. Lots of winks and finger pointing at the audience, but it really suited the song and the era that it came from. I found it highly entertaining. Then the men went dark/disappeared while the women entered from the video screen up above singing Bootylicious, all dressed in black, and danced/snaked their way down the curly-q’s to the stage. After doing most of their number, popping out their booties etc. (great dancing, worthy of MTV), the boys suddenly reappeared and the music switched to “The Lady is a Tramp”. Then the women did a sort of “hey, not so fast” and paired off with the men, one woman for each guy, and sang “Bootylicious”. Then back to the men singing, “The Lady is a Tramp”. This went on with choreography for pairs until both groups sang the end of their song.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Taz
    When did they show the concert on tv for American Idol I and what network was it on?

Fade to black
    Thanks for the great recaps. Yet even more MN people I was completely unaware of.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Quote Originally Posted by Taz
    When did they show the concert on tv for American Idol I and what network was it on?
    It was on FOX (just like the show itself), but I don't remember when they showed it...

thanks for the recaps guys. can't wait to see it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Greenflute, can I go with you? j/k I want to see it again! My co-workers made fun of me this morning when I said I wanted to basically groupie-it-up and follow the tour around the country. I’m halfway ready to drive to Chicago (not really, but at least motivation-wise I am).
    Come on down, Shazzer! I've got two shows happening around me. One in Worcester, MA and one in Providence, RI. I was so tempted to go to both, but alas the ticket prices made me rethink it.
    Who shot who in the what now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast