+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just an idea

FORT Regular
    I wonder though, if instead of a search for the total package they were looking for children that clearly, lets say had the potential of being opera quality singers, but were being groomed into a pop band. True, undeniable, vocal giftedness like Whitney H, or Barbra S. They could be over weight, or unattractive, or beautiful or what ever, but put five absolutely fabulous voices together. My guess is that their music would be a refreshing redirection to where music ought to be anyway. The world would actually come to love a group of children who represented true talent rather than outward appearance and prepackaged digitally enhanced vocals. Also, stage presence can be learned...a three+ octave vocal range can not. It would make a great statement. With a bit of time the public would never want to go back.

But I guess it's a pretty risky marketing strategy...perhaps in a perfect world!

FORT Fan
    "The topic of this thread was supposed to be confined to who FOX selected for the final 20, not who America voted for to reach the next round." Sorry, I didn't mean to post anything off-topic...

Ah, the wonders of a fairly free discussion - topic wandering. It's okay, groveing it. We can take a discussion point and build on it...

FORT Fan
    Thanks, John.

FORT Regular
    Sorry, I did not mean to get off topic...I can be a bit idealistic at times.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    I think Clay actually lost (sorry girls who think he's hot) because he looks too much like a pushover/loser, while Ruben had the more "cool" look.

That's what you have here. Danielle is probably one of the more talented girls; but frankly, does she have the appeal of someone like Katelyn (who I think is pretty for her age, but not HOT or anything as she's far too young for my tastes) or even Jordan? The judges are also pushing it. They bring up looks - voters think it's okay to vote for the best-looking contestants.
    Actually, Clay lost because of the luck of the draw. The phone lines were inadequate to measure all the votes, so his looks (or Ruben's) had nothing to do with it. I think America has demonstrated over and over that looks will never be MORE important than talent, but you can't deny it's part of the mix. It's part of that whole package of charisma or personality or whatever that just makes you want to watch certain entertainers. It's just really difficult to guess what the majority of people will like. I think that's why some of us are mystified as to how certain people make it into the finals of any talent contest. The judges must have seen something during the auditions that they thought would click with the audience, but we're just not getting it.

Yeah, I had noticed that all of the top 20 were thin, adorable kids. My sister's 10, and no offense to her and her friends, but hardly any of them are that good looking! That's the kind of thing that makes me think the show's at least partly rigged, because there's no way that an overweight kid didn't try out, and be at least as good as some of the top 20.
    to Taylor, Chantel, Katelyn, Danielle, and Tori. Good luck on making the group!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra
    Yeah, I had noticed that all of the top 20 were thin, adorable kids. My sister's 10, and no offense to her and her friends, but hardly any of them are that good looking! That's the kind of thing that makes me think the show's at least partly rigged, because there's no way that an overweight kid didn't try out, and be at least as good as some of the top 20.
    I think it was more that just thin and cute...from what I see, it is type-casting at it's best...they want the band to look good TOGETHER. They have set it up to get what they want.

I agree, I htink they have emphasised looks with AJ far more than they did with AI2.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by GroveingIt
    "The topic of this thread was supposed to be confined to who FOX selected for the final 20, not who America voted for to reach the next round." Sorry, I didn't mean to post anything off-topic...
    That's okay, I like different ideas. And anyways, I don't like confining ideas, I prefer letting them flow...JMO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12