+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon Signs Three Year Deal with Idol

Simon Signs Three Year Deal with Idol

Here's something to brighten everybody's day:

Jul 7, 8:11 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "American Idol" villain Simon Cowell has signed a contract to judge the crooner contest for another three years, the Fox network said Monday.

Cowell agreed to return to "American Idol" if Fox would make his show-business dreams come true. He wanted help establishing his own production company, simcow Ltd., and a first-look agreement with the network to run a new reality-TV series from him.

He told The Associated Press that he doesn't think the new ventures will limit his appearances on "Idol."

"It's not a difficult show to do, 'American Idol,' apart from the audition sequence," he said. "Once we're into the studio side it's only two days a week, so there's loads of other time to do the things I want to do."

He refused to say how much he is being paid or what new shows he plans to produce. He already oversees the new dating program "Cupid," which is set to premiere on CBS Wednesday.

Cowell will begin judging auditions for a third season of "American Idol" later this summer. The new season is set to start in January 2004.

u rock i rock lets kiss! ClayAiken#1Fan's Avatar
    Hey thanks yoyo! I am glad Simon is coming back. I mean Simon was the reason I first started to watch the show. I liked to watch him be mean. But then later on. When everybody was really good. I got into it still. I still hate him beacuse of the remarks he gave to Clay! But that does not matter! We know Clay was the best!
    I lOvE clay aiken

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I never doubted he would come back. That's some pretty easy money for him.

u rock i rock lets kiss! ClayAiken#1Fan's Avatar
    Haha
    I lOvE clay aiken

He was asking for $10 million just for AI3, and Fox was offering $6. I'd be interested to see where they met in the middle.

Auditions are later this summer? Well, that sucks. What's the age limit? And have there been days posted as for when the auditions are?
    Last edited by TB25; 07-07-2003 at 10:46 PM.
    You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you. - Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist

Daphne
    Like that will be more than most athletes make in one year. Totally awesome good for Simon.

When casting information is available, we will have it here right away, TB.

Does anybody really think America will want 3 more years of AI? I can see AI3, but beyond that? I'm pretty skeptical.

John, I love the way you are acknowledging the day in your own inimitable style, but I miss the moobaby

Moobaby, or something different, will be back tomorrow. Today is all about Grease.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast