+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Simon Signs Three Year Deal with Idol

I don't know what to think about AI3. I thought AI2 would be a flop, and would never be nearly as successful as AI1. And look how wrong I was.

Boy, were you ever, John...

I have to agree - as long as Simon, Paula, Randy, and Ryan are all still on the show together, and they keep coming out with new young talent that people want to root for, then yeah - people will watch AI3 and 4 and 5. I'll probably watch AI3, even though I said I won't.
    You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you. - Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TB25
    Boy, were you ever, John...

I have to agree - as long as Simon, Paula, Randy, and Ryan are all still on the show together, and they keep coming out with new young talent that people want to root for, then yeah - people will watch AI3 and 4 and 5. I'll probably watch AI3, even though I said I won't.
    The reason I dont think Ai 3,4,5 will do well is because how do you top Clay/Rubens success? the only time the top 2 at Billboard were debut singles? Clay's single selling 393,000 copies and Ruben's close behind? People will lose interest, especially those of us who really really liked one of the contestants on AI 1 or 2. However, I will also probably watch American Idol for the auditions and then tune in if nothing else is on.

Carrie Underwood AI4! TrumpetBoy2005's Avatar
    I am very confident in American Idol being succesful for at least two more seasons. It might not be as succesful as this past season, but I am glad they are bringing it back for a new season. Although I've already been waiting desperately for the next season (lol - I don't have much of a life ), I'm glad they are waiting to bring it back until 2004 (at least that's what it says on idolonfox.com) to not wear out the show.

I also think they need interesting people, close competitions (between Ruben and Clay), controversy (Frenchie and Corey), dramatic elimination shows will results that some people may not agree with (Carmen lasting as long as she did - I still give her props for the concert, she sounded great! ), Judges Reactions, etc. All of these things added to the appeal of American Idol IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo4321
    He wanted help establishing his own production company, simcow Ltd..
    SIMCOW???

What kind of name is that? With all that money he couldn't think of better?

Anyway, agreed with all of those who think AI will run its course at number 3. The expectations might be too high after Kelley, Ruben and Clay.

However, I haven't the foggiest of what I speak.
    Except Simcow is a horrible name for a company...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123