+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon Signs Three Year Deal with Idol

Does anybody really think America will want 3 more years of AI? I can see AI3, but beyond that? I'm pretty skeptical.
    AI3 is happening, AI4 I can also see happening, but AI5 will crash and burn.
    You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you. - Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist

You're Still The One! Olivia909's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    Does anybody really think America will want 3 more years of AI? I can see AI3, but beyond that? I'm pretty skeptical.
    I can definitely see an AI3. But, I really don't see the show being a hit after that. Guess we'll just have to wait and see....
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

.... and he is awesome. debi5475's Avatar
    Oops
    While they were busy trying to find a pop star they knew how to market, they uncovered a true American Idol. Cissy Hartley

.... and he is awesome. debi5475's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia909
    I can definitely see an AI3. But, I really don't see the show being a hit after that. Guess we'll just have to wait and see....
    I agree, I won't watch 3 because Simon broke my trust. I was fine with him being critical of Clay, because it made Clay grow and change. But when he tried to influence the outcome, he lost my trust. I had always thought that he was brutally honest. When he wasn't honest, that was the end. I would even have accepted it if he said he was trying to influence the outcome. But he played dirty.

I think 3 will do ok, 4 will crash and burn. Just kind of a downhill spiral.

John, what happened to the fonts. Now they are little, but my signiture is huge. I didn't change anything since this morning.
    While they were busy trying to find a pop star they knew how to market, they uncovered a true American Idol. Cissy Hartley

Well, you know, TAR4 is doing pretty well, maybe AI4 will.

Why am I defending this show?

Why can't auditions be in January?
    You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you. - Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist

FORT Fan
    I think Fox is overrating the importance of Simon to AI.

It's not that hard to be British and obnoxious.

Unless AI3 has competitors that make for compelling drama, I can see the show starting out very strong, and then, if not declining (as American Juniors is) not picking up viewers towards the end.

I think AI's long-term success will rest not just on Simon, but Paula, Randy and Ryan, too. The chemistry between those four is better than the chemistry between actors on most sitcoms and TV dramas. They will just have to find a way to alter their "acts" a little, to keep from saying the same things each season. Kinda the way pro wrestlers change their "roles" every so often. That will be the challenge for the AI Four. If they're smart, they'll change a little--maybe Randy a little harsher to Paula, Simon a tad nicer to contestants but meaner to Randy, Paula nicer to Simon but harsher to the contestants etc.

I got a huge kick out of watching these four interact--I haven't enjoyed a regular cast of four since Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and George.

Ryan is a pretty big dork you gotta say..
    "I can hear the silence. Of what we used to be. And I can see the sign. of what you want to be."

Fade to black
    Personally, the show would lose much of it's appeal if Simon wasn't there. I think as long as the producers are able to introduce us to fresh faces with unique talent (and that doesn't mean they all have to sound like Clay) that this show can succeed for a number of years.

Simon losing your trust? It's a television show, why would you trust a judge on a television show? It's his job to influence the outcome.

I actually think many people UNDERVALUE Simon's importance to the show. It's good that he's returning.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Simon makes the show in the audition stages imo.

It wouldn't be as enjoyable for me if he weren't there.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast