+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toll-free voting!

Toll-free voting!

This might be old news, but I had heard that there would be a charge to vote for Canadian Idol, but I just saw on the website that it's toll free from land lines!! YAY!

I guess after tonight this will be old news, but I still think it's great!!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

That's still great news Brenna.

They really had to do this because very few people would vote and the winner of CI would inevitably the contestant that had the most family and friends vote for them.

Welcoming the world Mr. Bunbury's Avatar
    More on the voting etc. on the Canadian Idol website (what happened to the logo that used to be on this forum?):

http://www.ctv.ca/generic/WebSpecial...se-July4b.html

Excerpt...
    ---------------------------------------------
    How to Vote by Toll-Free Telephone:
    Each competitor will be assigned his or her own toll-free number (e.g. 1-866-9-IDOL-01) that will appear on screen and be announced during Monday’s performance show. Only after the broadcast is over, viewers can cast their vote by dialing the phone number of the competitor for whom they wish to vote. Viewers can vote from a landline, cell phone or pay phone from within Canada. The phone lines remain open for two hours following the broadcast.

The voting window is fixed and is open for two hours only, starting immediately after each “performance” episode concludes. The voting outcome will be announced in a live, half-hour results show airing Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV beginning July 8 (tape delayed in the West).

Wireless carriers participating in the text-message voting (basically everybody):
    Wireless service providers participating in the program include Aliant Mobility, Bell Mobility, Microcell Solutions (Fido), MTS Mobility, NorthernTel Mobility, Rogers AT&T Wireless, SaskTel Mobility, Télébec Mobilité and TELUS Mobility.

That's great news, that they've come to their senses and made it a toll-free call. Now they might get some votes, if people can figure out when to vote

This voting stuff is FUN!

I've been voting for Billy and Andrew. Been able to get through several times for each of them.

voting IS fun!! I loved American Idol, but it's fun when you have a say in the process!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

I called in votes for Andrew, but alas it didn't work

If he gets the wildcard spot I'll vote like crazy
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread