+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truth about the parents

FORT Newbie

Truth about the parents

I can tell you, pretty certainly, that a great deal of the parents were manipulated in what was edited for the show. First off, Fox would look pretty bad manipulating the kids. Secondly, I heard the parents were all supposed to stay in a room all day while their kids practiced, then they were called indiviually for interviews for the show. I know one parent who went through two 30-minute interviews answering questions about why they were there and what kind of character their child has, how long their child has been performing, etc. And then asked to talk about themselves. Then producers go back and edit all of the sweet things out about the kids and air what they want. For the most part, what I know, the parents at the final audition in LA were completely led by the producers and were actually very calm and cool, just trying not to be nervous for their kids and enjoy the experience as well as making it enjoyable for their children.

Of course there were a couple of parents who had no business bringing their kids there if they couldn't handle the pressure......
    ie: Ashley Olsen.

FORT Newbie
    KCat, does your username stand for your real name? Are you one of the parents?

FORT Newbie
    No, I'm not, but I do get my information from one of the parent's whose child made it all the way to the show.
    My user name stands for Kitty-Cat...cat lover here.

KCat,
    What you are describing sounds pretty typical for a "reality" show. First they film a lot of stuff, then they decide how they want to portray each person on the show and then they edit the show to make people look a certain way. That's why everybody on this show had to sign a contract agreeing to let FOX show whatever they wanted, whether it made them look good or bad; whether it was fact or fiction.

FORT Fanatic
    I was thinking the same thing...
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Originally posted by Sparky
    Please use our private messaging system for this kind of post. Just click on "pm" under a user's post to send them one.

FORT Newbie
    I think KCat made it clear to us that she's not a parent...leave her alone, she gives us good info!!!

FORT Newbie
    And what do people think of the parents... of the final 20 that is???

Thanks, KCat for the info. I feared something like this was going on behind the scenes because one of A.J.'s missions was to promote obnoxious stage parents, because conflicts are what draws in a big part of any reality show's audience. Notice how TV ads for the show still say "...but how will the parents react?" Hello, none of the parents have been reacting! The show is about the kids and the parents have done nothing abnormal.

I feel bad for the parents because I'm sure none of them meant to steal glory from their kids, like in that one segment when the parents were naming their achievements. It's very possible they were asked "Where does you child get his/her talents from?" or "What showbiz related activities have you been involved in?" Their answers could easily have been taken out of context.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shell76
    Thanks, KCat for the info. I feared something like this was going on behind the scenes because one of A.J.'s missions was to promote obnoxious stage parents, because conflicts are what draws in a big part of any reality show's audience. Notice how TV ads for the show still say "...but how will the parents react?" Hello, none of the parents have been reacting! The show is about the kids and the parents have done nothing abnormal.

I feel bad for the parents because I'm sure none of them meant to steal glory from their kids, like in that one segment when the parents were naming their achievements. It's very possible they were asked "Where does you child get his/her talents from?" or "What showbiz related activities have you been involved in?" Their answers could easily have been taken out of context.
    Precisely!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast