+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jessica David

FORT Fogey

Jessica David

Name: Jessica David

Hometown: Scarborough, ON

Do you have a job?
    Yes, at a grocery store and a retail clothing store.

Where did you go to school? What did you study?
    Mary Ward C.S.S. - music and video. My high school is an awesome community.

Do you have any formal singing training?
    New Conservatory of Music

Where have you performed before?
    Mel Lastman Square, Albert Campbell Square, Nathan Phillips Square, York Woods Theatre, church, charity events, a lot of urban community events

When did you first start to sing?
    When I followed my sisters in the children's choir. I was the youngest member of the choir, 3 years old. I was going to be kicked out because I couldn't read but I kept insisting that I could sing so with my persistence I became the youngest member of the choir.

What is your favourite song to sing?
    "Ngyon at Failanmon" is a Filipino song. Music is such a universal language and no matter who is listening they get moved by the song.

What is the first concert you went to?
    *NSync

What is the last concert you went to?
    Marc Anthony.

What other talents do you have?
    Being stubborn and bothering my dad. Haha. Trust me, I am the champion of letting him know that I am the princess. I love him, but it's fun to bug him.

If you don't make it as the CANADIAN IDOL what will you do?
    Continue my music. I will always keep working for it and watch the show.

What are your goals in life?
    To first of all be happy. No matter what I just want me and my family to be happy. My biggest goal would definitely be to release a successful album.

What album would your friends be surprised that you own?
    Good Charlotte and Incubus. They always see me listening to hardcore R&B.

What is the first CD that you ever bought?
    Anne Murray. My dad totally introduced her to me. He always said we had a similar voice.

What is in your CD player right now?
    Wayne Wonder, India Arie, Slow Jams, Daniel Beddingfield

Who is your CANADIAN IDOL?
    Deborah Cox. She's one of the few R&B females to have international success and also she's from Toronto. I can totally relate to her. I definitely look up to her.

What is your favourite type of music?
    Hmmm well to pick one type is hard because I do listen to everything, but I grew up on R&B so I love it. Real soulful tunes.

What is your favourite song?
    "Never Find Someone Like You" by Keith Martin, "The Alphabet Song" and "Follow Me", the ultimate house song.

Favourite Male Artist?
    Definitely Marc Anthony! His heart is always in his voice. I am so touched with his writing and his emotional live shows. Oh my gosh, I love him!

Favourite Female Artist?
    Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera. Christina because she is like a Whitney/Mariah mixed with Janet/Madonna. She has both aspects as a strong singer that can entertain.

Favourite Album?
    Mariah Carey - Day Dream

Who in the music world do you think your style is most like?
    A lot of people say Mary J. Blige. We both have the same raspy tone. It's kind of a different soulful sound.

In my spare time I like to...
    work out, spend time with my family and friends. My family especially. We are extremely close and one big group.

Proudest Moment?
    Winning my first urban competition. I was the only Asian in the competition so everyone was kinda like "Who is this girl?" Winning them over was hard, but it was so much more rewarding.

The Canadian I admire most is...
    My parents. They are both immigrants and totally worked hard to raise a family and have successful careers. I admire them so much.

What is your definition of a Canadian Idol?
    Hardworking, determined, positive and strong.

Aside from making the top 30, what has been your favourite moment at Canadian Idol so far?
    Singing "I'll Be There" with my group. The judges gave us a standing ovation. It totally boosted my confidence for the competition. I needed that.

Who is your most favourite judge and why?
    Zack. He pushes you to want to be better. When he says something negative, I take it and try to make myself better from the experience.

Who is your least favourite judge and why?
    I'll keep quiet for this question. I love them all (wink, wink).

What advice do you have for other hopefuls?
    "Bring IT!!" It's not a matter if you can sing because we all can. It's a matter of whether or not you can make them believe how much you want it. Keep yourself together.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
    Hummm, that I'm normal. I don't know.

Who was your favourite American Idol?
    Justin Guarini. He was tht total package! Onstage he had great presence and an awesome voice.

Favourite food?
    Honey Garlic Chicken Wings. YUMMY!

Favourite hockey team?
    Toronto Maple Leafs BABY! I'm from Toronto and so proud of them.

Favourite TV Show?
    Oh, definitely Canadian Idol but other than that I love Blind Date and Wedding Story. I know, I am a sap!

The best place in Canada is...
    Scarborough. It is so multicultural, I love it!

FORT Fogey
    Poor Jessica David no air time I hope they give her a chance at least on monday.

I thought she had a good voice and even though I can't recall hearing her before, even as she was singing I got the feeling she was capable of better.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I actually thought she wasn't that bad, she had a nice voice, to me anyways.

+ Reply to Thread