+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Jenny Gear

I want to like Jenny. But dammit she's so raw. There's something in her singing that seems so unpolished and not right. Maybe she needs really specific songs to fit her voice and style. If she wins this thing, I wonder if she'll have much say in the making of her music. I imagine she'll have to write her own music because she's so different.

Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    Maybe she needs really specific songs to fit her voice and style. If she wins this thing, I wonder if she'll have much say in the making of her music. I imagine she'll have to write her own music because she's so different.
    I think the publicity Jenny could get from this competition is great for her. But based on what I've seen of the winners from American Idol, I think winning this competition could be very bad for her music career.
    Kelly, Justin, Ruben and Clay have all been given songs specifically marketed to certain audiences. For Kelly and Clay some of the songs are different from the style of songs that they chose themselves during the competition. These guys are okay with different song styles, but Jenny shouldn't be targeted for any audience. She could probably be successful, but they have to just let her do whatever song feels right for her... some people will hate it, but some will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    I want to like Jenny. But dammit she's so raw. There's something in her singing that seems so unpolished and not right. Maybe she needs really specific songs to fit her voice and style. If she wins this thing, I wonder if she'll have much say in the making of her music. I imagine she'll have to write her own music because she's so different.
    I agree.

As I've said in other threads, I have tried to like her, but I just find ehr a bit too "goofy" for me.
    I find her facial expressions and her dancing off-putting.
    I know her uniqueness is what makes others like her so much, but I just don't like watching her.

Good luck to her anyway though, it's for the public to decide.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I agree.

As I've said in other threads, I have tried to like her, but I just find ehr a bit too "goofy" for me.
    I find her facial expressions and her dancing off-putting.
    I know her uniqueness is what makes others like her so much, but I just don't like watching her.

Good luck to her anyway though, it's for the public to decide.
    I'm sure Jenny is a nice person but there is not one thing I like about her as a performer. She is so odd, and I don't like her voice, and her facial expressions and mannerisms make her seem... mmmm... unintelligent somehow. If she wins I swear I'll never watch another reality show!! (hope it doesn't happen).
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

FORT Newbie

Jenny on Kazaa

Search Jenny Gear on Kazaa and songs she recorded in NFLD are there. Really shows what she can do with her voice, especially She's Like The Swallow. If she sang like this on CI she'd blow everyone away. She has an amazing voice.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsMom
    I'm sure Jenny is a nice person but there is not one thing I like about her as a performer. She is so odd, and I don't like her voice, and her facial expressions and mannerisms make her seem... mmmm... unintelligent somehow. If she wins I swear I'll never watch another reality show!! (hope it doesn't happen).

Jenny gear is amazing, the people who make fun of her don't understand.
    Sure, if you choose to dislike her music, thats fine. But don't critize her...
    She has to be doing something right, shes in the bottom 6
    ~*~Siobhan~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    Jenny gear is amazing, the people who make fun of her don't understand.
    Sure, if you choose to dislike her music, thats fine. But don't critize her...
    She has to be doing something right, shes in the bottom 6
    Like you, I'm just stating my opinion, and trying to do it iin a kind way. We are all entitled to state our opinions.
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

I must give credit to the person who posted these mp3s on my Idol site (see my sig):

Jenny Gear - Our love is here to stay

Jenny Gear - She's like the swallow

Jenny Gear - Fogo Island was the beginning of the end

Jenny Gear - Rene and Georgette Magritte with their dog

I take back everything I've said on these board or where ever else about Jenny! I WILL BUY A JENNY GEAR RECORD!!!!!! Her voice is amazing in these clips.

I've just listened to the first one so far, but I'm really impressed. I guess the Idol format is requiring her to choose songs where her specific style doesn't match. But listening to this song, I definitely think she has a wonddreful chance in the entertainment business.
    I still don't think she should win, but I want her to succeed in her career.

I don't want her to win..but I would like to see her go very very far.
    I don't mind people stating their opinion
    BUT
    there is no need for rudeness or making fun of anyone-state your opinion
    But this site is NOT for putting people down
    Sure-saying they arn't your cup of tea....thats fine
    But calling her a "retard" thats just inappropriate.
    Also not a very good choice of word to use.
    ~*~Siobhan~*~

+ Reply to Thread