+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Jenny Gear

Hi there,
    This isn't teen idol so why should we be surprised that she is advancing? I kind of think that her freaky performance style is endearing. It's just that emotion doesn't play well on tv. she may actually be too real.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    off to play with the geodesic garden gnomes

Quote Originally Posted by angel oh!
    Hi there,
    This isn't teen idol so why should we be surprised that she is advancing?
    Jenny is like no other contestant on the show (or American Idol). I'm not saying she isn't talented by any means - but her style isn't what some of these people enjoy. Her performance on Monday, wasn't that great - even the judges though so. So it was a little surprising to people to see her go on.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    Jenny is like no other contestant on the show (or American Idol). I'm not saying she isn't talented by any means - but her style isn't what some of these people enjoy. Her performance on Monday, wasn't that great - even the judges though so. So it was a little surprising to people to see her go on.
    Never underestimate the power of bingo players!!
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

LOL
    The fact that she admitted to playing bingo makes me like her even more!!

I think she is jus so wrong for this competition.

I don't doubt she is talented, but I think she sounded "off" on Monday.

The song she chose just didn't seem right to me and her voice was so deep in parts.

I can't believe she is the type of performer the show producers would want as the winner.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think she is jus so wrong for this competition.

. . .

I can't believe she is the type of performer the show producers would want as the winner.
    The interesting thing though, is that it's the majority of viewers who decide what's right for this competition. I don't think the producers had Jenny in mind, but if most Candadians want her, then they have no choice. Personally I think she'll go very far, but I doubt she'll be the winner.

FORT Newbie
    At least you guys are nicer than the people at the Canadian Idol boards. Jenny has aton of fans there but the ones who don't like her are very nasty, call her retarded, make fun of Newfoundland (one persons screen name is newfie hater for God's sake!)
    I'm a fan of Jenny, am from NFLD and have heard her sing here, she can sing awesom but sticks to her guns with what she likes, and in recent interview said she still will sing what she wants and likes. She never expected to make it this far because she didn't think anyone was into her stuff. She's also says she isn't bothered by what people think. I admire her for being true to herself.
    I never expected her to make it this far either based on the pop orientation of the show, so it's great she is in this far. I hope she shows what she can do with her voice.

Folks love her or hate her. I'm a fan of hers, but wasn't blown away by "Possession" by Sara McLaughlin. She has a few pluses for her. She is certainly the most unique singer & probably the closest thing to an artist on the show, since she isn't swayed by other people's opinions & sings in her own unique way. She has the East Coast regional votes which cannot be underestimated. She's 1 of only 3 girls left in the competition & if fans are not voting for Toya or Audrey, they might consider her.

FORT Newbie

Video interview

Nice video interview with her that shows her in the studio on the Canadian Idol website. She talks about her past and that she will be singing regardless of the show, which is great, gotta love a dedicated attitude.

While Jenny is certainly different, I do believe she has talent. I am not a fan of hers but I will be very interested in hearing her this week with the Motown theme. I agree that I don't think the producers are crossing their fingers for her to win, but I think they love having her there right now. Look at the reaction she causes. Some absolutely love her while others are driven to near madness by her. She's causing a lot of buzz for the show and in that she's making it more successful. People will tune in to see if she's either going on or being booted off.

+ Reply to Thread