+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contestants performing July 14

FORT Fogey

Contestants performing July 14

Bebe Booth, Calgary, 25, make-up artist.

Phil de Torres, Port Coquitlam, B.C., 20, student.

Marc Devigne, Winnipeg, 19, student.

Jenny Gear, Carbonear, Nfld., 21, actor/singer.

Tyler Hamilton, Edmonton, 26, renovations.

Faith McMillan, Hamilton, 23, sales.

Jermain Maxwell, Toronto, 25, child and youth worker.

Joni Rodney, Toronto, 26, vocal teacher.

Nicole Sinclair, Ajax, Ont., 26, customer service rep.

Richie Wilcox, Halifax, 23, deli manager.

Canada *I wish Quebec but Ontario for now*
    hmmmm the only one i really like in that group is Nicole

I don't care what anybody says. I think Bebe is gorgeous, even bangs or not. She has a nice lower register in her voice more suited to jazz. Very sultry in her expressions. Her group-sing wasn't her best performance but I've a feeling she'll impress here.

Tyler Houston's fan favourite. A little country rock flavour going on there. More likeable (and bearable) than Josh Gracin.

Jenny Gear's the judges' favourite it seems. Really (really) expressive with her facial contortions and head nodding. It's a sight to behold. A decent voice but she's all about stage presence.

Nicole Sinclair and Ritchie Wilcox got lots of screen time and it appeared deservedly so. Nicole is top 5 material and Ritchie is a pro and fun to watch.

FORT Newbie

strongest candidates are...

Pretty even group here...
    my top 5 of these 10 are:
    Nicole, Jermain, Joni, Marc Devigne, and Bebe. (in that order).

CBELLE.

What do you guyz think?

I don't really know much about the people in this group. Jenny's definitely going to make it, and even if she doesn't then the judges will pick her anyway. Unfortunately, I think it might not be good PR for Jenny for the judges to like her so much. People might react negatively to her being the judges favorite from such an early stage, especially as their own favorites get eliminated. As for the others, I haven't yet formend an opinion of them. I'd like Tyler Hamilton to make it just because he's from Edmonton, my home town, or Richie Wilcox because he's from Halifax, my other home town.

cho
    FORT Regular
    BeBe definitely reminds me (appearence and singing style) of Kelly Clarkson and I think that will help her. I also like Nicole in this group.

There are a lot of unknowns so maybe we'll see someone new and exciting to vote for

The winners and runners-up for both American Idols were all in group 2 so that gives these contestents some great karma...

Quote Originally Posted by cho
    There are a lot of unknowns so maybe we'll see someone new and exciting to vote for
    I'll definitely be interested in seeing this group perform because they're all new to me, except for Jenny. I know I won't vote for Jenny, even if I like her, since the judges would pick her anyway. At this point I feel like that would be wasting my votes.

Quote Originally Posted by crysma
    Jenny's definitely going to make it, and even if she doesn't then the judges will pick her anyway.
    So the judges are allowed to vote a contestant through to the next round? I thought the top 3 from each group of 10 would be strictly a fan vote?

FORT Fogey
    There talking about the wildcard.

I don't neccessarily think she's a lock. Yes, they were impressed, but there is no saying that someone else might come out of nowhere.

These four seem pretty fair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast