+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Judges to return for AI2...4th Judge to be Added

All Judges to return for AI2...4th Judge to be Added

All judges to return to 'American Idol'
    Fourth judge to be added
    Friday, October 18, 2002 Posted: 9:44 AM EDT (1344 GMT)

HOLLYWOOD, California (Reuters) -- Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson will return for the second edition of Fox's "American Idol," joining fellow judge Simon Cowell, who had already reupped with the hit talent show, Variety repots.

Fox also confirmed Thursday that the next version of "American Idol" will welcome a fourth judge, who will "add a different and unique perspective" to the group.

Ryan Seacrest will return to host the next "American Idol," while insiders say it's likely he'll be paired with a female host. Original partner Brian Dunkleman earlier announced that he wouldn't return.

"American Idol" launches its next talent search Monday in Detroit. Cattle calls in New York, Atlanta, Nashville, Miami and Austin follow, leading up to Los Angeles on November 17.

Sleeping with George W
    I think it would be great if they had a judge who is focused either on country music or hip hop or rap or some kind of music other than pop ballads!

With Nashville and Austin being on the try-out locations list, there's going to be a lot of country applicants.

i heard that debbie gibson was begging for the judging gig! we'll see, i guess!

a friend of mine, karen, has a friend that's a finalist in cali right now for ai2! that means the audition videos are in the works! hehehe!!

Wow...very cool, Sher! Keep us posted!

As for the judges, I've heard that both Debbie Gibson and Natalie Maines Pasdar (lead singer of the Dixie Chicks) have both indicated they'd like to be on the judging panel...

JR.
    They had a chance to fix this show and blew it, Paula and Randy, Randy, Randy are terrible.

Originally posted by JR.
    They had a chance to fix this show and blew it, Paula and Randy, Randy, Randy are terrible.
    I can tolerate Randy, Randy, Randy (if he'd only cut down on the name dropping, calling everyone "dog", etc.)...but, Paula was horrid...WHY they asked her back, I'll never know. If they got rid of Brian Dorkleman, they could've axed Paula as well.

God, let's just hope there's not someone in the Top 10 in AI2 who has the same initials as Randy!

I could barely tolerate Randy or Paula last season.

Paula is totally incapable of giving an honest assessment because she doesn't want to hurt people's feelings.
    Normally that would be admirable, but she constantly says that it was the harsh words and knock backs that inspired her to keep trying in her own career.

I saw an entertainment show (ET, Access Holly wood - not sure which) and Debbie Gibson was on yes, Sid quite literally begging to be a judge.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    Debbie Gibson ... gag me. That's all they need, one more washed-up ballad singer! How these people can be viewed as judges of what it takes to be in music today (as in the 21st Century) is beyond me.

Not that I'm defending her or anything, but I wouldn't necessarily call Debbie (though I think she goes by "Deborah" now :rolleyes) Gibson a "washed up ballad singer"...She had some hits that were up-tempo, and she's appeared on Broadway at least twice that I know off (in "Les Miserables" and "Beauty and the Beast", I think)...

I saw her in Grease in London quite a few years ago and she was very good.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast