+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Judges to return for AI2...4th Judge to be Added

Originally posted by fluff
    Hmmm Sid, Britney as judge?
    I don't think that's possible as I believe there is a stipulation that the judges should at least know something about music.
    Well, that rule apparently isn't set in stone...I mean, they had Paula, after all...

Originally posted by shersidhe
    and lobeck, maybe paula should fire her joke writer and hire a JUDGE to write her critiques for her!
    Nah, they should just get rid of Paula altogether and hire someone who knows something about music!

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by shersidhe
    wait, i think you light up my life was debbie boone!(and i have to say i am TERRIBLY embarrassed that i know that!) but i understand your point!!
    OMG you are SO RIGHT. I have my Debbies totally mixed up. So, what songs did Deborah Gibson do???

And I agree totally with the point being made about Paula needing to be less wimpy and just state a darned opinion.

debbie gibson? i have no idea what she sang!

NYC hip-hop radio DJ is tapped as ''Idol'''s fourth judge. Angie Martinez, meet Simon, Paula, and Randy by Gary Susman
    There is an entire articel and picture provided with the link above.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

angie martinez's pic (from cali's link above. thanks cali!!)

i think i'm going to be glad she's a judge... of course, won't know for sure till the show is on the air.

here's the whys:
    1. she knows what gets played on the radio - what's popular and what the listener's request.

2. she's YOUNGER. not that the judges are old or anything, but getting a judge closer to the age of the contestants gives her a whole different opinion and view of what's hip, what works and what doesn't. now, her opinion may suck, but who knows. knowing nothing about her, this is what i potentially see as a positive.

3. she's a dj for a hip hop station. bringing in a different genre of music experience from the others.

JR.
    Yeah but radio Djs don't usually get to pick their own music, the program directors tell them what to play.

I hope she's more like Simon than like Paula.

Well, from what I heard this morning on a radio station here, she probably will be more like Simon than Paula. Apparently, she doesn't hold back and says exactly what's on her mind...

yeah, jr.... i didn't figure she'd get to pick the songs to play, but being the "drive home" dj usually will get ya a lot of calls, so i would guess she would get a lot of requests or "i love that song!!! who was it!?"

oh good, lobeck!! i want a person in their that has an opinion. even if i believe it's the WRONG opinion.

The One
    This is old news already. Some guy broke the story yesterday afternoon on that site Reality TV Talk.
    I was visiting both forums looking for the better one. Sadly they are gonna be it although yours looks better designed.
    Take care guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast