+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben/Clay Album Dates Postponed/Separated

FORT Fan

Ruben/Clay Album Dates Postponed/Separated

I don't do those link things too well, but the information comes from www.tvguideonline.com. RCA no longer plans to release the albums on the same day, and the release date for both of them has been postponed to September at the earliest (they still have recording to do). No mention as to which one will be released first.

Two wise decisions in my opinion.

Hi, just wondering why you think it is wise to release them later and on different days? I was living for august 19 to get the cds...and I wanted them to come out the same day for the fun competition of it alll... anyway thanks for the update.
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

I am glad they are taking more time on the albums. These guys only have one shot to have a really high-quality debut album before the next wave of Idols appears. This needs to be done right for both of them.

And I am also quite glad the competition between the men is really over now. One round to each guy. Two very popular and talented men who have become stars concurrently. And may they both live happily ever after.
    Check out my recaps of Dr. Who and other TV shows at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

I was looking forward to Aug 19 too, but, it is true that "first impressions" are so important.

I'm going to keep the "it will be worth the wait" attitude.
    "It's not the money. It's not the fame. It's the influence" --Clay Aiken

This link should get you directly to the article:
    http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/030701a.asp
    I think it's a good idea too. Releasing their CDs on the same date shows a lack of respect for Ruben. Let his come out first, and spend some time at #1. Then release Clay's. That way, they both get to enjoy the glory of a #1 selling CD. They were both winners, right? Let's get over this whole competition thing. Sales numbers will still show which one sells more, so what difference does it make?
    In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

Is Clay's going to be released second? (I hope so.)
    You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you. - Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist

I just commented on this in another thread (didn't see this one).

I think it's a wise move to delay the release of the albums too, no need to rush.

I too hope Clay's is released second.

The winner deserves to have their cd released first imo.
    Yes, I would feel exactly the same had Clay been declared the winner of the competition.

I agree with rabidfanofclay, let them both have their solo time to shine.
    Their styles are so different, that had they not come to prominence via the same route, I strongly doubt anyone within the media would talk about any competition netween the two of them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

To the Point
    Originally posted by fluff

...I agree with rabidfanofclay, let them both have their solo time to shine.
    Their styles are so different, that had they not come to prominence via the same route, I strongly doubt anyone within the media would talk about any competition netween the two of them.

The only ones winning with the competition is the record company!

FORT Regular
    Delurking to say...

The winner deserves to have their cd released first imo.
    But in this case, who is the winner? The voting was a statistical tie. Does Ruben deserve preferential treatment because he essentially won a coin toss? IMO, no he does not. I do agree that his CD being relased first would probably look better.

Didn't know there was a separate thread for this.

I think it would help both of them if the cds were released on the same date. Even though the contest is over, there are a lot of crazy fans for both contestants who would probably be more feverish if they still felt there was a competition. It wouldn't affect me at all, but I'm trying to think like a record company exec here, and thinking how I'd likely get the most mulah, and I'm thinking that continuing the competition, no matter how lame, would bring in more bucks.

It won't affect me, but I'm sure some rabid fans would be spurred into action.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast