+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben/Clay Album Dates Postponed/Separated

I'm not sure how much he knows but Clay said this morning that the work was really done on his cd and now it was just a matter of putting it together. He said they were thinking late August.

He also said that BOTW was recorded in a hurry (and we see what happened). He said he recorded it, ran out of the studio to catch a plane that left within 10 minutes of him getting to the airport. I hope they do take their time on the album.

FORT Regular
    Nothing has been said that Ruben's CD will be out first and in fact Clay said in radio interviews this morning that he has finished recording his. Possibly the delay is so that Ruben can try and save his voice, but with the tour that doesn't seem possible.

I think that they are seperating them because they don't want a repeat of the singles, they want to give Ruben a chance at #1 without having Clay in the mix.
    Clay Aiken is My American Idol.

To the Point
    Originally posted by John
    In a word, yes (in my opinion).

... Ruben was it. No one has to like it, if they don't want, and they can keep searching for validation that the runner-up should have won, but the fact remains that Ruben won the competition. I won't bother to add "fair and square", because I don't necessarily believe that. But he won, using the best methods available at the time....

(and for those about to jump on me for this, let me say that I hope Ruben and Clay both have long, successful careers - but let Ruben's CD come out first)
    I'm sure I should probably let sleeping dogs lie, but I just had to comment that I'm not sure they were the best methods available, but they were the methods employed.

John, I do agree with what you said though.

Originally posted by lobeck
    Absolutely he does. Like it or not, Ruben Studdard won the competition. Just because the difference in votes between Ruben and Clay was much closer than it was between Kelly Clarkson and The Human Chia Pet last year does not mean that Ruben should be given less preferential treatment than Kelly received last year. The winner's CD should come out first.
    ______________________________ _________________

ITA.

What a sweetheart SweetBabyClay's Avatar
    IMO the reason wy they are staggered is because it the entire validity of the AI franchise looks questionable when the runner up is doing better than the winner. I too think Ruben should go first. I mean, yeah, he did "win" (however meaningful that win is, is starting to be very questioanble) I know that John and Lobeck are gonna think I'm crazy for saying that Clay's CD should be delayed. I for one am happy. Here's why:

1. Seperate press appearances

2. More time to perfect the album. Clay said in an interview today that his Bridge Over Troubled Water on his single was recorded so fast that he never even heard it until he himself called a radio station and asked them to play it. I don't want his whole album to be that rushed!

3. Let Ruben be #1 for once. I mean, whatever. I'm sure his fans are PO'd that CLay has been #1 in everything since the show. Clay's CD will sell etremely well so they'll both get to be #1.

4.It'll help ease the resentment between the two camps

I for one am curious to see what direction Clay and Ruben's CD's go. I think that they will be polar oppposites. I get the feeling Clay's will be power ballads and upbeat pop stuff. Ruben's I think will be more R&B/Hip hop. These two should not be competing on the same charts. Let them conquer their own differnt territories.

Just my 0.2.
    Life is like a bowl of Vincents- you never know when you're gonna get sca-rewwed.

Originally posted by lobeck
    Gee, ya think?
    ______________________________ ____________________
    DEFINITELY!!

Originally posted by fluff
    I agree Lobes.

If they are going to bother saying there was a winner instead of declaring a tie, then the winner should get some preferential treatment.
    Whoever that winner is and however close the margin of victory is imo.
    ______________________________ ________________

Yeah, even if the margin was by 1 vote.

Originally posted by CoolBean
    I agree. Otherwise, what was the point of announcing a winner? I just feel like Ruben deserves something, even if its a small something.

however, deep down I know it's just because I am a bitter Kim Locke fan. I mean, Clay gets the winners treatment, meanwhile Kim was supposedly less than 4% within Ruben and she gets less than everybody in the darn competition.

______________________________ ____________________

Kim L. came in 3rd, she's going to wait for her turn to shine:mad:

im upset that clays is coming out later, but its not even because i dont think ruben should be treated as the winner, its because im selfish and was excited to get the cd on the 19th..although i do agree with pepper in some ways, but i wont say in what ways cause i dont want to upset everyone....boo, i wanted to get my cd next month, and i thought that clay said it was done and he was happy with it
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Originally posted by SweetBabyClay
    I know that John and Lobeck are gonna think I'm crazy for saying that Clay's CD should be delayed. I for one am happy. Here's why:
    Believe it or not, SBC, I agree with the points in your post!

+ Reply to Thread