+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben/Clay Album Dates Postponed/Separated

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Originally posted by fluff
    I just commented on this in another thread (didn't see this one).

I think it's a wise move to delay the release of the albums too, no need to rush.

I too hope Clay's is released second.

The winner deserves to have their cd released first imo.
    Yes, I would feel exactly the same had Clay been declared the winner of the competition.

I agree with rabidfanofclay, let them both have their solo time to shine.
    Their styles are so different, that had they not come to prominence via the same route, I strongly doubt anyone within the media would talk about any competition netween the two of them.

The competition is over. Let each of the guys shine solo for awhile. I'm glad that the albums are being delayed, but I hope they don't do what they did to poor Justin and release it during AI3.

Ugh, that's a good point.
    I think they might have felt AI2 would increase interest in Justin's album.
    My feeling is that it did the opposite.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by Sarah728
    Does Ruben deserve preferential treatment because he essentially won a coin toss?
    In a word, yes (in my opinion).

He won, it doesn't matter whether it was by one vote, or a million votes. He is the winner. He is the American Idol. The process is designed to pick a winner. Ruben was it. No one has to like it, if they don't want, and they can keep searching for validation that the runner-up should have won, but the fact remains that Ruben won the competition. I won't bother to add "fair and square", because I don't necessarily believe that. But he won, using the best methods available at the time.

Does a football team deserve the right to receive the ball first just because they wno a coin toss? Of course. Using the term "coin toss" flippantly like that doesn't make it any less valid.

Sorry to jump on your first post as a de-lurker, but it really bugs me when people think the margin of victory makes a win any less valid.

(and for those about to jump on me for this, let me say that I hope Ruben and Clay both have long, successful careers - but let Ruben's CD come out first)

Fade to black
    To me this is good news. For reasons stated all above. Let each of them have their moment in the spotlight. While I might prefer Clay to Ruben, I still think Ruben is talented and deserves all the success in the world, and as much as I hate to say this fluff, if Clay/Ruben came out on the same day, it'd only hurt Ruben because then he'll always be questioned about whether his winning was valid, and frankly that should never come into question.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Spring & Fall: Preferred

Re: Ruben/Clay Album Dates Postponed/Separated

Originally posted by pepper
    I don't do those link things too well, but the information comes from www.tvguideonline.com. RCA no longer plans to release the albums on the same day, and the release date for both of them has been postponed to September at the earliest (they still have recording to do). No mention as to which one will be released first.

Two wise decisions in my opinion.
    All praise to the gods of musical production if this is true!

The idea of releasing these two albums on the same date just to continue the competition illustrated a desire of money over substance. Ruben and Clay deserve to have the best CDs they can achieve in the time it takes to do that and within an artificial time frame. They need to be able to stand alone as artists and not be slotted as a competition of two.

I also think it's good that they're delaying the release of both Ruben and Clay's albums, this way we'll get better quality cd's from both men. No need to rush. I do hope Ruben's is released first since he was the AI2 winner, his should be released first. He should have SOLO time.

This is good, Clay and Ruben won't feel like their albums/cd are in competition AGAIN, although they (the critics, stats) might still compare who sold the most, later.

I agree. Give Ruben his time in the limelight, because when Clay's CD hits the stands, it's gonna get nuts.
    "It's not the money. It's not the fame. It's the influence" --Clay Aiken

Originally posted by John
    Does a football team deserve the right to receive the ball first just because they wno a coin toss? Of course. Using the term "coin toss" flippantly like that doesn't make it any less valid.

Sorry to jump on your first post as a de-lurker, but it really bugs me when people think the margin of victory makes a win any less valid.

John, this makes me think of the St. Louis Rams vs. The Tennessee Titans Superbowl game of a few years ago. Very close. But the Rams won.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Hey, and Al Gore won the popular vote for president. Should we invite him to every presidential event so he can get his vote-earned time? ;-)

Originally posted by Sarah728
    Delurking to say...

But in this case, who is the winner? The voting was a statistical tie. Does Ruben deserve preferential treatment because he essentially won a coin toss? IMO, no he does not. I do agree that his CD being relased first would probably look better.
    Absolutely he does. Like it or not, Ruben Studdard won the competition. Just because the difference in votes between Ruben and Clay was much closer than it was between Kelly Clarkson and The Human Chia Pet last year does not mean that Ruben should be given less preferential treatment than Kelly received last year. The winner's CD should come out first.

+ Reply to Thread