+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon on Howard's

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Originally posted by pepper
    The issue isn't whether Simon perfers Ruben over Clay. My goodness, the man picked Carmen out of 200 other potential wildcards to be in the Final 12.

The concern is that Clay's career is just beginning and negative comments such as Simon's could have an effect on Clay's future.

If Simon were to say, "I never really cared for Clay's singing," then fine. If he were to say, "I always thought Ruben was the most talented of the twelve," then fine.

But that's not what he said. And what he did say was at best improper, at worst bully/cruel, and either way unnecessary.
    That's the way Simon is and that's the way he's always been on AI. I also think it's ironic that you would judge his comments as improper when he went on the Howard Stern Show for godsakes!

His comments will not affect the opinion of Clay fans worldwide. As far as critics are concerned, they've already built negativity around both Clay and Ruben from emerging from AI in the first place.

So I still don't get the big deal!

FORT Regular

Michael Orland about Simon on Howard Stern

This is too good not to share, it puts Simon into perspective.

From glav47

Hey guys. I was thinking about Simon yesterday (and his comments on Howard Stern's show) so I decided to send a humorous e-mail to Michael Orland (Mr. AI piano man and all around good guy.) I implored him, on behalf of Clay Aiken fans everywhere, to do one of the following to Simon, should they both return to AI3.

1) Slam the piano lid on Simon's fingers 2)shove his head in a toilet or 3) steal his pack of Kools.

Michael responded with the following e-mail that I thought all of you would enjoy. Maybe it will help everyone put Simon's comments into perspective.

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Like all the contestants on IDOL, I so would take what Simon says and let it go in one ear and straight out the other. I can't imagine why he would be THAT stupid to say something so negative about clay's record except that he's so
    behind Ruben's CD and might find it embarassing to him AND the record company that Clay is ahead of Ruben in sales and airplay. The funny/silly part of it is Clay and Ruben are enjoying every moment of all this and are so non-competitive with each other. In fact, they are so supportive of each other and are great friends. They're both happy for each other and they're both unthreathened by one another. The fact that Simon opens his mouth and says stupid stuff should so not count to Clay or to all you great Clay fans. Trust me, he just likes to hear himself talk and has to say"something" to "be Simon" and hold up his personality - whatever that is.

But when we start AMERICAN IDOL3 at the end of December/beginning of January - I'll be sure to try to get Simon to sit at the piano with me and see if the lid will accidently fall on his hands. Kidding!!!! Please don't worry about what he says (again i repeat) - Clay will last long after Simon's words die out.

Thanks - and pass my opinion to all the Clay fans out there.

Michael O
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clay Aiken is My American Idol.

Originally posted by dvm
    That's the way Simon is and that's the way he's always been on AI. I also think it's ironic that you would judge his comments as improper when he went on the Howard Stern Show for godsakes!

His comments will not affect the opinion of Clay fans worldwide. As far as critics are concerned, they've already built negativity around both Clay and Ruben from emerging from AI in the first place.

So I still don't get the big deal!

Dvm, I have to agree, Simon has always tried to go above the limits of class and that's his MO. He musts get off on people distaining him, so what that he thinks anything, his opinions didn't cause Clay to lose, He was just there for entertainment purposes only. Clay will sink or swim no matter what Simon says.....

AikeninMI,
    Thank you so much for doing that, and for sharing Michael's response! That made my day!!!

Originally posted by Grisabella
    Shadowgrl

I think you're right. I have noticed that Clay's "s" sounds are sometimes (not always) very soft and muted (which probably has a lot to do with the "gay" label). Then I noticed recently: his mom talks just the same way. He was, IIRC, without a father figure in the household from about age 1 to at least age 3 -- crucial years for language and speech pattern development. No surprise he talks like his mom.
    I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this. I noticed on one of the interviews with Clay's mom that her mouth and teeth structure are very similar to Clay's. Their similar speech patterns probably also have a lot to do with their anatomy.

FORT Regular
    Clay Crazy you are welcome. I thought this was an important post and Michael wanted it shared with all Clay's fans so I got permission to post it here.

I guess Howard talked about being "bombarded" with e-mail from Clay's fans this morning as well.
    Clay Aiken is My American Idol.

I think Simon is a very savvy "spin-doctor" - he says stuff to stir up interest and is very good at it. I think Clay and Ruben both have mentioned in interviews that Simon, once the camera is off, is very nice. I think that once the camera (or mic) is turned on the "nasty Simon" is turned on. I think he says things to keep you coming back to him to see what comes out of his mouth. This is just my opinion, but I thought I would throw it out there.

I've noticed that Clay always says Simon is very nice, so I guess maybe Clay just understands that Simon is the way he is when he's on camera. I still think it would bother me if I were Clay to have him commenting on my sexuality. I do have to admit though that if Simon's answer was worded the way it apparently was, he didn't really say anything. He left it to be interpreted by others. He's probably playing games with us, as he always seems to do.

Look What Love Has Done ClaysAngel's Avatar
    Originally posted by honeybunny
    I think Simon is a very savvy "spin-doctor" - he says stuff to stir up interest and is very good at it. I think Clay and Ruben both have mentioned in interviews that Simon, once the camera is off, is very nice. I think that once the camera (or mic) is turned on the "nasty Simon" is turned on. I think he says things to keep you coming back to him to see what comes out of his mouth. This is just my opinion, but I thought I would throw it out there.
    I agree completely. I don't really think that Simon dislikes Clay at all. It's just part of his "character" to act mean. Also, I think that he realizes that some of the driving force behind the incredibly high sales comes from the competitiveness the Clay and Ruben fans feel. If you piss off us Clay fans by saying negative stuff on the air, we will band together and mass purchase Clay stuff to keep our boy at #1 and "show" Simon. Very effective marketing, when you think about it.

Re: Michael Orland about Simon on Howard Stern

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AikeninMI
    [B]This is too good not to share, it puts Simon into perspective.
    ______________________________ _____________________
    Thank you so much for posting Michael Orland's response.

+ Reply to Thread