+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What were the producers thinking?

IMO, the girls were much better than the guys last night, so it might be possible that only girls will go through this week... Maybe the producers made these groups this way to end up with with an all girl group? Whatever the reason, I'm sure it was done to manipulate who "we" put into the group and make sure it's who they want, too.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    Yeah, the girls were much better last night...Brennan and Canyon were okay...but just okay. In my opinion, the best five were Taylor, Jordan, Lucy, Tori, and Chantel...in that order, for me...I would love to see these five go through tonight, even though it's all girls...if Canyon or Brennan get through (I definitely think it's more likely to be Canyon though), then I'll know something's up with this voting...
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

FORT Fan
    My first thought after watching Tuesday's show was that perhaps the producers wanted to over-load the very first episode with talent to attract viewers who were tuning into the premiere. In other words, if people saw that there was actually talent, they would stay hooked for the rest of the episodes. If they saw a bunch of kids who weren't very good, they would flip the channel.

But now on second thought, I just think they were expecting better performances from group two and perhaps under-estimated some of the group one contestants.

For example, they probably thought Chantel would blow everyone away and be the pick to finish first. As well as strong performances from Tori and Taylor and Lucy.

And perhaps they weren't counting on A.J. singing as well as he did, they did afterall introduce him as a "dancer", so maybe they thought his and Canyon's performance would be of the same quality.

Instead, A.J. clearly out-performed Canyon, Chantel wasn't as impressive as they/everyone thought she would be, same to be said with Taylor and several members of group one were better than Lucy.

Agree with CC2003. I thought that girl with the flower in her hair was better than Chantel and Lucy. JMO

I do not understand why everyone here thinks Tyler'sperformanve was bad. I don not understand you people at all. I would understand if you guys think Brannon or Canyon didn't perform good. They performed way too soft. I didn't like it at all.

Tyler's performance was bad because he didn't hit the right notes.

FORT Newbie
    tyler was defintely better than brennen and canyon. if they have a wildcard show they should bring him back too.

FORT Newbie
    I'm sure there were kids that didn't even get to the first LA auditions that were better than some of the finalists. I think it's obvious, without naming names, who had the talent to be in the top 20 and who didn't. It seemed that the producers tried to match 5 strong kids with 5 not so strong kids each week to help steer the outcome of the voting. I think they got a few kids mixed up and overloaded the first week with talent by mistake. Whatever happened, they probably have the 10 they wanted to have in the finals to continue the selection process for the band.

Agree with CC2003.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by CC2003
    But now on second thought, I just think they were expecting better performances from group two and perhaps under-estimated some of the group one contestants.
    I was thinking the same thing. Some people who were barely shown on audition specials did fantastic jobs in group one (like AJ), whereas several people in group two received plenty of air time, but just didn't perform up to par this week...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast