+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 152 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Clay Aiken Part VII

Can anyone help me out here? I remember there was a mag quite a while ago that had a Clay pic in it. He was wearing Black and standing up sorta with a mischievous smile( i know, how vague.. but I can't describe it lol). It is part of a larger pic with Ruben in it I think. I can't remember what mag it is, Wanna trying to find the pic, does anyone know?
    "There's nothing so wrong that it can't be easily fixed or easily ignored. I just let things roll off" -Clay Aiken, in RS

FORT Regular

Demo Song

I am sitting here listening to "I Will be Here". I hope he is able to sing this kind of song on his CD. This is just beautiful, lush and reminds me of why I love his voice.

Does anyone else love this song?

Blondes Prefer Gentlemen Finįrė's Avatar
    Originally posted by debi5475
    Well I'll talk to you QueenP, I'm not snooty. I like to wallow.
    Good lord! Is that the impression I give - of being snooty?
    'Sunfortunate, that.... I'll have to see what I can do to dispel.
    But I'm pretty sure I've aptly demonstrated my willingness to wallow (much to the chagrin of others, I presume!)
    Originally posted by QueenP
    I'm actually a bit afraid of you, Fin. PhD? Good Lord! Why are you talking to me? You could be talking to intelligent people!
    I am... I do. I am nothing if not discriminating...
    (uh oh... I suppose that comment could be construed as snooty. Honestly, it's really just meant to be funny... )
    And while it's quite possible that folks should be afraid of me for any number of reasons, I promise you that my having piled it higher and deeper at one point in my life is not among them! (Besides, Grisabella has done so as well, as I'm sure have others here. We're still normal peeps...)

And now with the dawning of Clay VII I sense that I am supposed to behave myself, and place my racket in storage for the time being... ah well. All good things must end, eventually.

I do hope the news about the video is true, though... that sounds encouraging! Any more specific information as to the location? LA is an awfully big place...
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."
    - Mae West

.... and he is awesome. debi5475's Avatar
    Originally posted by Finįrė
    Good lord! Is that the impression I give - of being snooty?
    Of course not Finare, that was supposed to be a joke, hence the smiley face.

Don't put the racket away, I hate playing by myself. I will have to invite Clay over to play if you go.
    While they were busy trying to find a pop star they knew how to market, they uncovered a true American Idol. Cissy Hartley

To the Point
    At the end of Clay VI, Grisabella said "But as I see it, Clay's shooting star is more and more about Clay himself, regardless of what happens with AI, Ruben, etc."

SO TRUE!!! The whole phenomenon of Clay has continued to grow at a somewhat break neck speed to gargantuan proportions. While I am certain that his 2nd place finish spurred this initially, I think enough time has passed that the initial onslaught should have died down to some degree. Sure, he has to do the AI tour and boy should that be a wild ride for the fans, but he will move beyond AI regardless of the ties that bind. He already has in many ways. This is no longer so much about AI or anyone else connected with it. This is about CLAY! Clay the performer, Clay the person, Clay the voice.

May his career be long and fruitful.

Just saw confirmation at TTC, someone got thru to Christie (Clay's friend) who confirmed that he will be shooting a video for TITN, but no confirmation as to the date. So possibly not this weekend. I am sure we will know more once Clay get back.
    "There's nothing so wrong that it can't be easily fixed or easily ignored. I just let things roll off" -Clay Aiken, in RS

From Finįrė,
    "And while it's quite possible that folks should be afraid of me for any number of reasons, I promise you that my having piled it higher and deeper at one point in my life is not among them!"
    Don't be afraid of Finįrė. Yeah, she do use them there erudite words from time to time, but from her posts and PMs I can assure you she can wallow with the best (worst?) of us!

NCLurker, glad you brought up that post about Clay being beyond AI. (I hate it when I post something like that right before a thread gets closed!) John was wondering why folks kept using Clay-related screen names when AI2 was long over; I just pointed out that "Claymania" is really no longer about AI2 very much.

I do hope, in fact, that, aside from our getting to see Clay on the tour and as a guest on AI3, Clay will soon distance himself from much association with the "Idol" concept.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Next stop: Billboard #1 NewClayFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by catnip
    Can anyone help me out here? I remember there was a mag quite a while ago that had a Clay pic in it. He was wearing Black and standing up sorta with a mischievous smile( i know, how vague.. but I can't describe it lol).
    Is this the one you are thinking of?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "How many more times do I have to prove to you people that I cannot dance?"

So, now that we're on Clay VII, I'm going to remind GRAYCAT one more time to check his/her private messages...

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/private.php

Thanks!

Blondes Prefer Gentlemen Finįrė's Avatar
    I know we're supposed to keep our chatter to a dull roar now, so I'll keep this exposition (uncharacteristically) brief. Two things:
    Originally posted by debi5475
    Of course not Finare, that was supposed to be a joke, hence the smiley face.
    Sorry, I misunderstood - thought the was for the fact that you really like to wallow (as opposed to a joking indicator).
    And don't worry - the racket might be in storage, but it's not difficult to reach...
    Originally posted by MsMia
    My husband finally understood why I have been acting slightly nutty after I pulled out the pics and video of him during the World Cup... He no longer complains about my Clay Aiken desk top wallpaper.
    (and to pepper, for originally pointing out the appropriateness of the sports analogy)
    'Nuff said.
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."
    - Mae West

+ Reply to Thread