+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Do you believe any of the kids were voted through on the cute/pity vote factor?

maybe but in her auditions she was great!
    ~Kimber~remember vote for Chantel Kohl!

I know you guys are discussing the 5 that went on but I would have to say No. For one its almost hard not to find a kid that you couldnt call cute. For two poor lil Alex should have been in if they were going on the cute thing. BTW I thought she was PERFECT for the group....disappointed she did not make the top 20.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I didn't think anyone got the pity vote, but I'm sure some got some cute votes. That doesn't mean they weren't deserving.

Chauncey was a little nervous to start, but then he really pulled out his song.

I wanted Kristinia to go forward, but I'm fine with the picks.

FORT Fanatic
    No. Although I was surprised to see the 5 that I thought should make it all go on, I agreed with the results.

FORT Fan
    I think the poster hit on a valid point. I feel Kristina should have made it instead of Chauncy.

But Chauncy really seemed nervous, but you could tell he was trying hard, just sort of made you want to pull for him.

FORT Newbie
    I think they all deserved it they seemed like naturals up there. They all were great. My favorite is AJ as soon as he stepped on stage I said I bet he is going to be great. And I wasn't wrong everything about him was great.

FORT Fan
    Sweatie, I wasn't sure how his singing was going to be from the first two shows, since we didn't hear him and they introduced him more as a dancer and the with his look, I thought maybe he was one of the kids who made it through without needing to have a good voice. But especially after his part in the Kids in America song, I think is voice is more than adequate. I think he really commands the stage, even more so than Morgan, just in a different way.

FORT Fogey
    I also wished Kristiana would've made it, but I agreed with American in it's voting. If they were to have a Wildcard, I'd give it to Kristiana so far.

-Rach

Cuteness will always be a factor, but I didn't see any Freemantle manipulation to garner pity votes, so don't know where that would come from. I listened to all the mp3s through my headphones, and I think the 5 chosen gave the best performances. I even agree that Kristinia didn't make the cut - it was really close, though.
    Last edited by zippy; 06-23-2003 at 05:07 PM.

I think Chauncey definitely made it through strictly based on the cute factor... I just don't think he sang too well at all... there were 2 others I can think of who were better who I whould have put in the top 5 over Chauncey...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast