+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have to say Something Here..

I have to say Something Here..

Nomatter how mean it sounds i think this just has to be said, it kinda upsets me that they allowed kids who couldnt sing, and who could hardly dance get into the top 20.
    ~Kimber~remember vote for Chantel Kohl!

ClayzGirl55
    yea i kno lucy hale breathes too much when she sings. I really didnt think she was gonna pass the first round

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well, there are alot of popstars that really cant sing that well. Maybe they were looking for that "wholesome image" for the group. I could take an example from American Idol *cough*Carmen*cough*, but i think the main point is they look like a perfect fit for the group even though theyre singing is mediocre. Or, perhaps they think that the kids have talent, but they're voice needs some training.
    Ok, i'm off to hide now.
    Last edited by Boredom; 06-12-2003 at 09:05 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Lucy Hale absolutely does not breath too much when she sings! I am a vocal trainer and she is the one that I would pick out that has the best example for singing. She is absolutely amazing! ou obviously don't know a thing about singing or music.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    JONES321!

I think that it's a matter of if you really care or not. Some people would argue that (another AI example) Kimberly Locke has awkward breathing. However, i see nothing wrong with it, and i've had alot of music training. So, to each his or her own.

I found Lucy a little breathy, not as much as some professionals, Mariah Carey springs to mind.
    I think Lucy has a good voice, I wonder if it's too good for a group
    She seems as though she might be better off as a solo performer.

I think the emphasis should have been on singing rather than dancing too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by boredouttamind
    ...Or, perhaps they think that the kids have talent, but they're voice needs some training
    I would agree. They also might take into consideration their attitude, concentration, and commitment.:cool:

FORT Fogey
    I wasn't paying very close attention (starting to get kind of bored with the show), but the one person in the Finals I noticed that really couldn't sing was that Leif Garrett look alike, Canyon. I really didn't care for him and was shocked that he made it through...

It really does seem like appearance is the most important factor here. I think singing and dancing is something they feel can be taught to people this young. Not to mention, they are expecting the group to sell music to children, and children are very judgemental when it comes to appearance. Studies have shown that when children are shown pictures of attractive people they think of those people as nice and good people. People who aren't attractive are thought by many children to be scary, mean, or people you should stay away from.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Originally posted by JONES321
    Lucy Hale absolutely does not breath too much when she sings! I am a vocal trainer and she is the one that I would pick out that has the best example for singing. She is absolutely amazing! ou obviously don't know a thing about singing or music.
    Thank you for bringing your expertise to this thread. It is always good to hear from someone in the know. Please, remember that FORT values a diverse range of opinions, even those that we may not agree with. We do not attack other members on this sight or trash their opinions.

Look here for general FORT rules. Thanks
    Last edited by Feifer; 06-12-2003 at 03:13 PM.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast