+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Julie Dubela - Group 1

I liked her attitude.
    She seems very sweet and has a good outlook on the competition.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Very sweet person. Georgeous voice.

yeah, she seemed really nice
    ~*~~*~Julie is still my American Junior!

FORT Fogey
    Here's an article about her:

Girl shoots for the stars

By Cory Fatello
    hamptonunion@seacoastonline.co m

1997 PORSCHE 911 Coupe black/black, full
    leather, 6 CD, PS, and more! 12k miles,
    $48,900. 603-433-7070.

NORTH HAMPTON - North Hampton sixth-grader Julie Dubela may well be on her way to becoming a star as one of 20 semifinalists chosen from among thousands of performers age 6 to 13 who auditioned for the producers of the Fox Network television program "American Juniors."

"American Juniors," from the creators of the hit series "American Idol," will ultimately choose five performers from the semifinalists to form a singing group.

Dubela will be in the first set of semifinalists performing on the program that airs this Tuesday at 8 p.m. The June 17 program will feature the first set of 10 competitors, with the top five favorites moving on to the final round. The remaining 10 semifinalists will perform on June 24.

Beginning July 1 the television audience members will vote for their favorite performer who will become the first member of a new musical act. A new member will be selected each of the following four weeks.

A kind of junior "American Idol," "American Juniors" will feature contestants performing individually on the Tuesday night programs. At the end of the program the home audience can vote for their favorite performer using toll-free numbers given to each contestant.

The results of those votes will be revealed on Wednesday nightís shows.

Beginning July 1 the performer with the largest number of votes will win a spot as a performer in the five-member group that will perform for the first time on August 19.

Dubela has been involved in local theater and played Annie when she was just 5. She would like to be a singer and go to New York Cityís Juilliard School to study voice. Dubela was in Los Angeles this week and unavailable for comment.

Talent searches for the program took place in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and Chattanooga with producers evaluating each contestantís singing and dancing abilities. From the thousands of performers auditioning, 60 were brought to Los Angeles. Twenty semifinalists were chosen, 10 from the 6-9 age group and 10 from the 10-13 age group.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/h...news/33814.htm

FORT Fogey
    Well, I still don't like her.

-Rach

She did great tonight.

FORT Fogey
    I thought she did a fantastic job tonight and stands a very good chance of moving on!

I was less impressed with her last night than I was last week on the audition show.

I think she did well, but there were definitely five performances that I preferred more than hers.
    "That's Numberwang!"

hmmmmm, i'd say for me that she was in the top five last night
    ~*~~*~Julie is still my American Junior!

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    For me she was definitely in the top five...I loved her performance, I thought it was excellent...maybe not the best song for her voice, but she did well at it nonetheless. I really really hope she moves on (I definitely voted for her last night!). I thought Julie, Chauncey, and Morgan were the best last night.
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast