+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: 1/31 TAR 30 Episode 6 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/31 TAR 30 Episode 6 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    The thing about Jessica's ploy at the end of that challenge was that she got a word (or words?) from the others, because they agreed to work together. So, she got at least "meaning", but didn't give them "life" and actually said it was "this" so they wouldn't figure it out. To me, that's the part that's not fair. If you're working together, you don't lie to deliberately keep them out of the game. Yes, she gave them the answer after she got her clue, but she wouldn't have gotten that answer without one of them giving her the "meaning." Once you agree to work together to get all the words, it's crappy to not really share all the words. I guess the cabbies gave them a little karma for that though, since they came in so late.
    Yes, you explained this well. Definitely a difference in what Jessica did.
    Sk8Leigh and tinderbox like this.

I just rewatched the preview about the partner swap. It looks to me like it's at the pit stop in Zimbabwe, because they're all there, and some look sleepy. If it were during the race, like a head-to-head, I'd imagine there would only be a few teams together. So maybe after the first of this two-hour episode, they'll switch partners then? I wonder for how long? How could it be for the whole leg, because then who would be eliminated? What if the two people who won the leg had their partners come in last together? ha! I'm just so curious to see how they'll do this. Maybe it's just for a portion of the leg, but there's got to be a pretty good incentive for them to want to beat their real partner.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I cannot stand that whiny engaged couple, she's so stupid. I lol when Jess gave her 4 words, and then we had some fancy editing. She gave them the words, just as she left! Boo hoo, poor Brit. WTG Cody, you're still in this. I liked the musicians, they needed to pick up the pace, we figured it was a NEL round. I hope Brit is paired with Jess,
    We like the Skiers, those gals get it done.!!! Team Indy snark all the way, and poor Henry is so browbeaten. I sometimes feel for him while Evan runs ahead..
    Another two hours next week! This is going very fast.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Yes, you explained this well. Definitely a difference in what Jessica did.
    Except we saw Jess give Brit four words, I rewound it, so it's a very grey area...
    -Andy Rooney-

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

It's a game with a winner at the end. I think Jess was just playing the game.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phart Blossom View Post
    It's a game with a winner at the end. I think Jess was just playing the game.
    Me too
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

"CRAP! The musicians were soooooo close! Please, Phil, can't you save them?"

I read on another site that editing made it look close. There was actually a 4 hour difference between Jess and Cody and the musicians. Apparently there are Amazing Race spies that follow production around and report on what's happening. I actually read some stuff last night that I wish I hadn't...I saw some spoilers.

It's amazing how I have lost interest in the rest of the season with just this one episode. I liked the musicians and was pulling for them, but they're out. I kept TRYING to give Cody and Jess the benefit of the doubt, but they proved once again that they are jerks. (And yes, I know they're just playing the game. But plenty of people play the game without being a-holes) The engaged couple get on my nerves with the bickering and her crying. I can't stand Conor...and now Evan turned out to be b!tchy to Henry, which is the first time I've seen that. So I went from really enjoying this season to really not liking it in ONE episode.
    navybelle likes this.

I won't let one episode ruin my viewing( or my life)
    The u turn is there for a reason, would I use it? Totally!
    I too saw Evan be bitchy to Henry, but that's up to Henry..grow a spine
    I tune into the whole show, I don't usually hate on anyone, but I'm starting to with the engaged couple, because I have seen her bitch, complain, and cry, none of which Jess has done!
    If team BB leave next week, would I stop watching, no! Of course not..
    The musicians came in last, they handled it well, bye bye

CRAP! The musicians were soooooo close! Please, Phil, can't you save them?"
    nope
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 02-01-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Remember these episodes are edited, so by U-turning the musicians (which any other team would've/should've done in that situation) and providing 3 out of 4 correct words (Jess) and then giving the 4th one before she left, I don't see BB team as evil or unfair.
    The engaged couple is annoying. I'm happy for them (getting engaged -- that was really cool), but they can take their Bora Bora honeymoon and exit the show soon as far as I'm concerned.
    The Yale team (?) with the bossy flossy female needs to go, too. She wears me out... I feel for her partner.
    The Indy team cracks me up.

By switching up partners, I'm guessing it'll be a NEL when that leg happens. (Otherwise, it wouldn't really be fair?)
    HulaEngr

"A career is wonderful thing, but you can't snuggle up to it on a cold night." ~ Marilyn Monroe

Let's see. . . while I think it was a smart move for Jeff and Cody to U-turn the musicians and don't disagree with the game move, Im a little put out by it. Only because I don't like team BB and really loved the musicians. However, I fully admit if team wellstrung had U-turn Team BB Id be all cheering. So I am biased on that. And ok with it.

I do agree with the pp who said that if you agree to work together you work together. Not agree to work together and then use them to your advantage. But again, I am biased against them already so it's easy to knock that move.

Im ok with Team Yale Evan getting a little snippy with henry. We know they put them under extreme circumstances, hungry, tired and stressed. If that's her worst - meh. To me it's not any different than the racer guy who was jerky to his partner. Was is kind or best? No, but if that's their worst, I won't hate them over that.

Still rooting for TeamSkiers as my favorite- no change there.

Still dislike both TeamOceans and TeamBB - no change there.

Still like everyone in between those! Looking forward to next week.
    FireWoman likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast