+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: 6/1 TAR 29 Finale Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/1 TAR 29 Finale Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Sigh. Well, I'm happy for Scott, anyway. Poor guy deserved a bonus for dealing with that whiny-ass the whole time.

I did enjoy the finale, even though it wasn't a nailbiter.
    agamergirl and AZ Dream like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Regular

I'm too lazy to go back and check so I'm basing this completely on feel, but it feels like rarely does a team pass a team on the final leg to win the race. It seems like each final leg whichever team gets out of the airport first and completes the first task essentially coasts to the win. As soon as Brooke and Scott completed the race car task it was basically set they'd win, barring some gigantic gaffe.

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    Anyone but Brooke, anyone but Brooke, anyone but Brooke!
    I came to say the same thing. I so wish Matt and Redman had been in the final three instead of her.

And why? Dang...I bet everyone that helped her with that stupid ladle challenge is kicking themselves. She would have been eliminated if they hadn't helped.

Gonna watch for Wrigley then I am done with this season.
    Last edited by dagwood; 06-03-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Newbie

I can't believe I watched this entire season full of great teams and then had to watch Brooke and Scott win. What a disappointment.

When Scott and Brooke got in the cab at the airport, they said they had "gate checked" their backpacks, so they only had the fanny pack to carry around. What does that mean? Did they somehow make a reservation for a flight back to their hometowns for later on that night and check their bags? Or did they just leave their bags at the gate, which I think would be no longer allowed in this post 9/11 world? I have never heard of other teams doing that on the final leg.

I do remember when Colin and Christy thought they could box up their bags and drop them off at one airline and fly from Alaska to Texas on another airline for the final leg, only to find out that was no longer allowed. Colin was not too thrilled with that!

I assumed that they meant that they had checked their bags rather than carrying them on like they normally do. It's possible that they did this at the departure gate rather than at the counter. They would have then not retrieved their bags until after the race ended.

You have a good point though. I'm not sure what happens to unclaimed bags these days. I'm sure they are taken much more seriously than they were in the past and are probably given a good going over.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

CCL

Yes, they checked the bags at the departure gate rather than at the check-in desk at the beginning. Scott said they waited to be last to board so they could check the bags without the other teams knowing they had done so so they couldn't follow their lead. The others took their bags as carry on and then Scott and Brooke just didn't go to the baggage carousel to pick up their checked bags.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Just watched SOOOOOOOOO disappointed with the winners. Well if Scott won first place and they let Tara and Joe be his partners I would have been OK with it. Seriously, if the other teams had not helped Ms. I CAN'T Brooke on numerous challenges she would have been eliminated ages ago.

Couldn't believe teams two and three held onto their backpacks.

I do wonder time wise what the difference between the teams was? Did the backpacks make a difference?
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Just watched SOOOOOOOOO disappointed with the winners. Well if Scott won first place and they let Tara and Joe be his partners I would have been OK with it. Seriously, if the other teams had not helped Ms. I CAN'T Brooke on numerous challenges she would have been eliminated ages ago.

Couldn't believe teams two and three held onto their backpacks.

I do wonder time wise what the difference between the teams was? Did the backpacks make a difference?
    Tara and Joey got to Wrigley field as Brooke and Scott were almost done with the task. If they hadn't had their bags and hadn't gone to the wrong tower, I think it would have been tight.

But that's a lot of "ifs."
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Okay, thanks for answering. I wonder if other teams have checked their backpacks in previous seasons or will other teams now start doing that! I think it definitely would be helpful. Even though Brooke continued to whine through the city of Chicago, I think the extra weight of the backpacks definitely hurt Mom and Pop when they were running back and forth.

I don't think the first two teams were that far apart (like less than say an hour or so) but LoLo came much later. The shadow on the buildings across the water and the way the sun was shining on the water made it seem like they got there later on in the afternoon...nowhere near sunset, but late afternoon sun.

I am so happy it has been renewed!!! I hadn't seen any news on that except for here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast