+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 4/27 TAR 29 Episode 4 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 4/27 TAR 29 Episode 4 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Just finished watching.

Everything tetrimble said is how I feel about this episode.

There are way more teams I like left than dislike, so overall Im excited for the rest of this season.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tetrimble View Post
    I would've much rather had Brooke out, although I'm liking Scott more and more as the race goes on. I didn't care for him the first leg or two, but he's growing on me and he's definitely changed tactics because he realized what he had to deal with just to continue on in the race.

I was so frustrated with her, too, when she was whining and practically crying on the climbing. She was the one that was practically begging to do the climbing. And then after she came back down, she acted like she decent at the task. I just can't with her!!!

As far as Ashton, yes, she degraded her partner, but most of the teams (not all) have had their blow ups. Yes, she needed to go, but I could've dealt with her another leg over Brooke. I did feel bad for Vanck. On the other hand, it does appear odd that he was chosen as a single to pair in this format. On regular seasons, a team knows each other going in, so if they choose to race with someone who has no physical abilities, coordination, etc., that's completely on them. In this situation, I understand why Ashton was so frustrated. She just wasn't able to hold it in...which could've prevented them from having a target on their backs. However, given Zanck's abilities, I just don't think they really had a true shot at the million and her lack of any say in her partner really was unfortunate.
    I think something went on that we didnt see, no way would the whole lot of them want to Uturn just those two..
    tinderbox and allornothing like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yeah, I have the feeling a lot of stuff happened off-camera as well. Vanck was clearly socially awkward, but to get five of the six remaining teams working against you? Tara and Joey seemed to be like "If the other teams are gonna play dirty, we're not gonna stop them, but we're not gonna help them, either..."

Didn't really enjoy how today's leg went down. They stood no chance. Another good reason to not like the U-Turn. Without it, it would've been a tight match between them and Lolo from the looks of it, and if they had gone out that way, it was entirely by their own merit. This just felt like a popularity contest on an elementary schoolyard, and Vanck and Ashton lost out. Brooke describing how she felt so proud of how things went down today almost made me puke.

As for the Alcohol on the train... Can't say for sure, but it seemed like the task required them to eat the food, not drink the wine perse. I think it was simple provided to compliment the food, rather than be forced to digest.
    allornothing likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    Yeah, I have the feeling a lot of stuff happened off-camera as well. Vanck was clearly socially awkward, but to get five of the six remaining teams working against you? Tara and Joey seemed to be like "If the other teams are gonna play dirty, we're not gonna stop them, but we're not gonna help them, either..."

Didn't really enjoy how today's leg went down. They stood no chance. Another good reason to not like the U-Turn. Without it, it would've been a tight match between them and Lolo from the looks of it, and if they had gone out that way, it was entirely by their own merit. This just felt like a popularity contest on an elementary schoolyard, and Vanck and Ashton lost out. Brooke describing how she felt so proud of how things went down today almost made me puke.

As for the Alcohol on the train... Can't say for sure, but it seemed like the task required them to eat the food, not drink the wine perse. I think it was simple provided to compliment the food, rather than be forced to digest.
    Didn't Tara and Joey U turn another team?
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    This just felt like a popularity contest on an elementary schoolyard, and Vanck and Ashton lost out. Brooke describing how she felt so proud of how things went down today almost made me puke.
    One type of bullying is exclusion. I wonder if some of this just didn't stem from Bully Redmond working on excluding him, making him seem more of an annoyance than maybe other teams would have noticed on their own. Just guessing, don't really know. But I agree, it seemed too .. . joyful by everyone else.

edit to fix quote tag
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-28-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Didn't Tara and Joey U turn another team?
    Yes, Olive and the other guy. One of my favorite teams, but Joey and Tara did it for strategy, they felt the team they u-turned was the biggest threat and they did it to give themselves a better chance to win the race. In this case, I feel Joey & Tara were right. Olive and her partner were a strong good team

They didn't u-turn Vanck and her is teammate because that was solely because they didn't want "to sit at the dinner table" - it was a purely, we don't like them so let's all gang up and get them out.

And I suspect that Tara and Joey didn't u-turn anyone because if they u-turned anyone else it would have gotten the rest of the teams mad at the them. And they were in first so no real reason. I think it was a good move to just steer clear of the drama in this case.

I agree, I have never liked the u-turn. It usually causes a team I like to go. This was one of the rare cases where a team I didn't like left, but it still wasn't a fun use of it. Though I am super happy Team Lolo stayed in, but overall not a fan of it.

Quote Originally Posted by allornothing View Post
    Yes, Olive and the other guy. One of my favorite teams, but Joey and Tara did it for strategy, they felt the team they u-turned was the biggest threat and they did it to give themselves a better chance to win the race. In this case, I feel Joey & Tara were right. Olive and her partner were a strong good team

They didn't u-turn Vanck and her is teammate because that was solely because they didn't want "to sit at the dinner table" - it was a purely, we don't like them so let's all gang up and get them out.

And I suspect that Tara and Joey didn't u-turn anyone because if they u-turned anyone else it would have gotten the rest of the teams mad at the them. And they were in first so no real reason. I think it was a good move to just steer clear of the drama in this case.

I agree, I have never liked the u-turn. It usually causes a team I like to go. This was one of the rare cases where a team I didn't like left, but it still wasn't a fun use of it. Though I am super happy Team Lolo stayed in, but overall not a fan of it.
    I heard Joey say,( at the U turn) I'll leave that to Mikey this time..so really, jmho they aren't above the fray..as I said, something went on , that we haven't seen. Phil even mentioned your other team mates, and when they walked away they didnt console one another..strange

This season ( except seeing the countries) is not my cuppa tea, I dont really care who wins, or if the AR is on again..
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-28-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

I really wanted Aston and Vanck to lose the game because I felt sorry for Vanck. Yes, he does look like he was not compatiable with mean Aston. She must have been complaining the whole time about Vanck. Plus, I think that maybe Vanck was asking the other players for help. He was helpless in this game.

I felt so sad for Vanck when Ashton said "you're a beautiful ghost" and he said "I've always wanted to be a beautiful something". They worked so well together this leg, too bad it took their last one for them to click.
    holly71 and Arielflies like this.
    Wag more, bark less

CCL

I think Vanck could probably be rather trying to people...but I have always thought part of TAR was that it was not a social game between the players - though teams occasionally join together to do a task, or help eachother - and so social standing with other players should not have a role in the game. That is why I dislike the uturn, and this season there seems to be more than usual. And it does pander to the lowest denominator - ooh, let's create tension between teams, let's enjoy a team's misery at finding themselves targeted and having to do two tasks while knowing they are probably out....yay. Not. And Brooke referring to V & A as "b-list" at the mat? Classless.
    Last edited by CCL; 04-28-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    navybelle and allornothing like this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast