Re: 4/29 TAR 28 Episode 10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So sad Dana made it. Want her gone.
    dzigner, Moontat and MReid like this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

Hope...the mother & son...Sherri & Cole win

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I don't mind the equalizers because that is actually a part of life: flights only leave at certain times and places are only open during certain hours.
    That's pretty naive thinking there. It's obvious that the organization sets it up so that teams are forced into these equalizers. They can play with the times that teams leave, and if they're not careful, it can easily happen that the teams end up on different flights. Similarly, when places are only open during the day, they could easily make it so that teams arrive there during the day.

So having all the teams catch up together is a game element moreso than a life impact. Check the very early seasons, especially season one, and you'll notice episodes where one team gets to a "day only" place in the evening just before sundown, does the challenge and moves on, and the next team is forced to wait until the next morning. This eventually leads to the teams being an entire episode apart from each other, and is both a logistical nightmare, and not all that interesting to watch.

Equalizers are mandatory to keep teams reasonably together, and I think they're pretty fair most of the time. If you just worked a leg at getting first place, or not getting last place, then fine, you won your prize, or you managed not to get eliminated, and next leg, people get fair chances again. I actually prefer an equalizer after every elimination, though they're ok after NELs as well, due to the Speed Bump. They just annoy the heck out of me when they come in the middle of a Continuation Leg. It makes the first half of that leg feel so darn useless.

In this case, if Kurt and Brodie played smart, they would've saved their express pass to the previous leg, and make sure they remain in the lead. Had they started this leg in the lead, there was no way for them to be U-turned. Sure, Brodie had problems with that puzzle at the pool, but the second team had not even arrived yet. They could've easily spent some more time there, trying to solve it, and then if a couple more teams have arrived, and it still didn't look like he was solving it, blow the express pass on it. Now they've blown the express pass on finishing first on a leg, and then lost control from there on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I did think it would have been better to completely fill the boat with seaweed instead of just half like Brodie and Kurt did and save themselves a second trip. That was not strategic on their part. I do wonder how close they were to the top four teams?
    Are you sure that's what happened? I thought they just went back to get the extra weed they still had stuffed in their boat.
    Miss_Griss and allornothing like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123