+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 4/29 TAR 28 Episode 10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/29 TAR 28 Episode 10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Eh, won't miss Brodie and Kurt. Now if only Dana would go away too...don't blame those chickens one bit for running away from her. With the exception of Dana, I pretty much like everyone left.
    holly71 likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Just now watched the show. This was an exciting leg. I wish the season wasn't almost over. I'm happy with all the teams except for the dancers. I'd be just fine if they got eliminated because Dana drives me crazy. My favorites are in this order: Tyler and Korey, Burnie and Ashley then Sherri and Cole....but I would be fine with any of them winning.
    waywyrd, sclilred1 and navybelle like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I like Brodie and Kurt so on one hand I was sorry to see them go. And I think they deserve to be there more than Sherri & Cole and I dislike the dancers, so would prefer B&K over them.

On the other hand, Burnie and Ashley are my favorite team with Tyler and Korey a very close second behind them. I would really like either of them to win. So if my 3rd favorite team has to leave to help out my top 2 I can't grumble too much.

I would be ok with Sherri and Cole winning, because if they make it to the final 3 and then win it all, I will retract the "they didn't deserve" to be there more than Brodie and Kurt. I don't think they will though.

I still dislike the U-turns, even though my top favorite teams used it well and gave them a better chance of winning it all - I still don't like it.
    navybelle likes this.

Re: 4/22 TAR 28 Episode 9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Glad to see the final four. It seems to be the most fair and each team has a good chance of winning. Well, guaranteed Dana will explode and Dana and Mike will second guess themselves and Dana and Mike will not recognize a clue that is in front of them and Dana and Mike will take forever doing a puzzle.

Yeah, so glad Cole did the jump. Yeah, to Sheri and Cole for doing so well.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by allornothing View Post
    I still dislike the U-turns, even though my top favorite teams used it well and gave them a better chance of winning it all - I still don't like it.
    That's how I am feeling too. I have never liked the U-turn since it became part of the race. I don't mind the equalizers because that is actually a part of life: flights only leave at certain times and places are only open during certain hours. However the U-turns have been a part of the race for awhile and this is the best way to use the U-turn, so the two teams that used it did a great job in how they executed it.

I like Tyler and Korey because they are hilarious and I like Burnie and Ashley in part because of how respectful they are to each other.
    allornothing likes this.

I did think it would have been better to completely fill the boat with seaweed instead of just half like Brodie and Kurt did and save themselves a second trip. That was not strategic on their part. I do wonder how close they were to the top four teams?
    No goat killers on my island.

I was surprised at how many people chose the coconuts and chickens. As soon as I read '50 coconuts' l on the clue, i would've chosen the seaweed. Also, how infuriating was it to watch Dana with her 1 coconut and 1 chicken strolling across the bridge, while Ashley and Sherry were carrying 4 or 5 each...and then watching Dana complain about how exhausting it was. Arghh! She can go home next as far as I'm concerned.

I think the teams actually chose the correct detour. First of all, I believe the seaweed thing actually took the Frisbee Boys longer than they made it seem, due to attempts to create suspense via editing. The boys were probably fairly far behind the other teams by the time they finished both detours. Secondly, generally speaking in TAR history, when you have a fairly straightforward task that is virtually impossible to seriously screw up, versus a task requiring unknowns in the way of skill and judging, then the first choice is the best one. All the teams figured -- accurately -- that not a lot of ground could be gained or lost on the coconut and chicken challenge vis-a-vis other teams, making it the safer of the two options.
    allornothing likes this.

Im just not a fan of the U turn. If a team gets eliminated it should be because of mistakes they made during the race not because another team U turned them. The U turn is actually much more difficult to overcome than the speed bump is. I was ok with Kurt and Brodie leaving but I really wish it were Matt and Dana who left instead. Dana is psychotic and just unappreciative of the adventure/experience. If Burnie and Ashley didnt U turn Tyler and Korey Brodie and Kurt would have most likely U Turned Matt and Dana and they would have been eliminated. Oh well.
    2016 Yearbook Title: The FoRT's Big Kid

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Im just not a fan of the U turn. If a team gets eliminated it should be because of mistakes they made during the race not because another team U turned them. The U turn is actually much more difficult to overcome than the speed bump is. I was ok with Kurt and Brodie leaving but I really wish it were Matt and Dana who left instead. Dana is psychotic and just unappreciative of the adventure/experience. If Burnie and Ashley didnt U turn Tyler and Korey Brodie and Kurt would have most likely U Turned Matt and Dana and they would have been eliminated. Oh well.
    Very likely they would've u-turned Sherri and Cole, just because that would've given them the better chance of staying in the race. But yeah, I agree with everything else you said. I would've much preferred to see Dana and Matt go home.
    Moontat and MReid like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast