+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: 4/15 TAR 28 Episode 8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/15 TAR 28 Episode 8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Brodie and Kurt wouldn't bother me so much if they would stop with all the needless yelling! I assume it is a way of psyching oneself up, but it is VERY annoying.
    I wish all the teams would stop with the needless yelling, shouting and shrieking. Brodie, Tyler, Cole, the thankfully-eliminated Blair... I guess that's too much to ask in a season full of social media 'celebrities'?

Of course, I also wish Dana would stop yelling. But that's a different kind of yelling.
    petertracy likes this.

Dana is awful!
    I really believe she was crying because they WEREN'T eliminated, not because she was relieved that they weren't last.
    I couldn't believe she was telling Matt to quit yelling at her when he wasn't yelling at all - she was the one doing all the yelling & putting on attitude. And her whole "stop the car" business & drama was so ridiculous. She's a very spiteful woman who will bite off her nose to spite her face. Really ugly qualities. Not sure what Matt sees in her, because we've all known someone who looks physically attractive until they open their mouth & suddenly they become very ugly & you don't even think they're good looking anymore.

Okay, devil's advocate time:

I believe Dana knew what she was saying made no sense at that point. She had just melted down far beyond the point of the rational, and was just shouting and screaming at Matt because she wanted to shout and scream at someone, and Matt was right there.

Now, I'll grant you that the editors on this show have a lot of discretion, and that they could be painting Dana as the villain because it makes for good TV. I'm willing to admit that, given the show's artificially-imposed conditions -- lack of sleep, lack of food, extreme cold and heat, highly stressful situations -- that all the contestants reach a meltdown point at some time or another, and they're just electing to show Dana's. I'm also willing to concede that Matt must know this about Dana and knew that the best thing to do was just to let her rant and get it out of her system.

Having said all that... if this is a pattern in their relationship, rather than a one-off caused by the stress of the race, then I hope Matt goes while the going is good. Abusive relationships usually involve one person saying, oh, I didn't really mean to hurt you, I'm sorry, etcetera. Then it happens again. And it's one thing for Dana to get frustrated to the point of anger or tears -- hey, we've all been there -- but it's quite another for her to constantly dump on her partner and lash out at him. Nobody should have to take that sort of crap.

I guarantee you that if it were the male partner treating his female partner that way, the internet would've universally united against him by now. (Remember Nick and Vicki in season 17? Or the ultimate all-time worst Jonathan and Victoria from season 6?)
    Punkin, NCLurker and Miss_Griss like this.

I think Dana would have figured out by now how she should be giving the directions to Matt, since she was yelling about it being a pattern. She thought he wasn't listening to her. But she was giving him a bunch of directions all at once (turn left, then turn right, then ...), and some people have a hard time processing information that way. She should have broken it down one step at a time, like "Drive to the exit and turn left." Then when he did that, she should have given him the next direction. Things would have gone a whole lot smoother that way.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Dana's fit was just so irrational. She went from 0 to 60 pretty quickly, and started lashing out personally on him. While I understood the frustration of the directions, and how he wasn't comprehending them, she really blew.

When they got out of the car, and she wouldn't get back in, I'm wondering what kind of device she had? She was playing with/on a phone or iPod or something, and I didn't think they could have anything like that. After watching herself on TV now I sure hope she's doing some reflecting on her temper; seemed she started to out there, but who knows if it really sunk in at that point.

Brodie was darn lucky they had the pass, because he just didn't have the patience for that puzzle. I kept thinking there must be something he was missing, but turns out he was just really bad at it! They're usually so good at everything, it was kind of refreshing to see. ha! I'm glad they stayed in first place (because of the pool, tbh), but I agree with others that Burnie and Ashley are such a nice couple to root for! Zach and Rachel seem nice too. The teams sure got a treat with the sights they saw and challenges they got to do this time!

Gosh, Dubai looks so excessive though.
    Punkin, MReid and allornothing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    When they got out of the car, and she wouldn't get back in, I'm wondering what kind of device she had? She was playing with/on a phone or iPod or something, and I didn't think they could have anything like that.
    It looked like a digital camera. There's generally a strict no phones / smartphones / devices policy on TAR, but it looks like this season's "social media celebrity" gimmick led to them bending that rule slightly because all the teams seem to have digital cameras to snap selfies everywhere.
    navybelle and allornothing like this.

Dana tried to "explain" and minimalize her horrific behavior. Which makes me think it isn't unusual behavior from her and she has her excuses ready. Aren't they the 'dancers', though? So that means Matt is tied to her for his 'career' and likely to let these tantrums pass because he is tied too much into their relationship. I hope she was completely embarrassed to see herself on TV in the midst of a out-of-control tantrum. Since she is so much into social media, I am sure she is getting a lot of comments on her unacceptable behavior. Live by social media - die by social media. She needed a wakeup call!
    Lynda

I dunno... I think Dana's social media fans are determined to pile on the fawning praise no matter what:

https://twitter.com/DanaAlexaNY/stat...10366685585408
    allornothing likes this.

Ive been on that slide in Atlantis before and it is no joke! It was nice to see Tyler/Korey at the front of the pack again they have been struggling the past couple of weeks. Omg please let anyone win except for crybaby Dana.
    shyra and navybelle like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123