+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: 2/26 TAR 28 Episode 3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

CCL

Re: 2/26 TAR 28 Episode 3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Man, Cameron and Darius. And you were on my team. It was hard at the end, as Zach and Rachel are my captains.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Next week the racers head to Geneva Switzerland
    CupidGuest likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: The FoRT's Big Kid

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I like Zach and Rachel, I didn't care for the brothers. I said it last week, it didn't seem like they wanted to be there. I am sure they did, but borrring.
    I don't like the girls or girl that cries all the time, what's that about..
    MReid likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So, wow, I ... actually didn't hate that episode. In fact, I quite enjoyed it. Much to my surprise.

Cartagena was the biggest star of the episode. Loved seeing the colonial architecture, the people, the winding streets, the vendors and the buses and the people. TAR's best episodes are the ones that remember that this is first and foremost a travel show.

Other than that, I thought the leg was well designed. The tasks were fun, interesting, and showcased the location nicely. The roadblock was a nice combination of physical skill (running in the heat) and detail-oriented task. In retrospect, the throwing rocks thing was obviously the faster option on the detour, but I can see why some of the teams opted for the bus one since they probably assumed that their YouTube over-the-top personalities would be an advantage. Wrong choice, but not deadly for any of them except Zach and Rachel.

Oh, Zach and Rachel... I picked you guys for my top 4. And you go and make every single mistake in the book this episode. If Darius and Cameron weren't such idiots (seriously, guys, Mensa???) they'd be out now. As it stands, they've got quite a time lag to make up for on the next leg. Luckily for them it looks like it will start off with an equalizer flight.

Now that we're three episodes in and I've gotten to know these teams a bit more, I'll catch up here:

Teams I'm liking:
    • Kurt and Brodie -- despite being a bit 'bro'ish, they're working well together, staying focused, and seem nice to everyone. I picked them as my team leaders, and so far it seems to be paying off.
    • Burnie and Ashley -- they're geeks, they communicate well, what's not to like?
    • Tyler and Korey -- okay, Tyler is loud, very loud, very very loud. And kinda annoying. But they do seem to be having a lot of fun with the race. So why not?
    • Rachel and Zach -- yeah, they messed up bigtime this week (seriously, Rachel? Not being able to count the local money?) but they didn't get mad at each other or freak out. They just refocused and moved on. Plus, they do magic. So they're still in my good books, and I'm rooting for them to move back into the mix next week.

Teams in the middle:
    • Sheri and Cole -- they didn't piss me off this week, but they did enough the past two weeks that they're not out of my doghouse yet.
    • Erin and Joslyn -- lost me a bit more this week with Joslyn's freaking out over the small spaces. Not to minimize people's phobias, but have they never seen TAR before? They really should've known that this was sure to come up.

Teams I'm really disliking:
    • Scot and Blair -- I wanted to like them, I really did. Scot seems okay, actually. But Blair's shrieking and "besos for pesos" schtick would've lost me this week, except that her bathing suit gate and hairdryer issues already lost me last week.
    • Dana and Matt -- they seem to be emerging as this season's dysfunctional bickering couple. That's getting old, quick.
    • Jessica and Brittany -- rolling my eyes so hard at the modelling thing, and the way they play helpless female at every turn.
    Punkin likes this.

When Darius went back to 'the vendor' and asked if she was Adriana, why didn't Cameron tell him she was the one giving out TAR clue envelopes? Dumb is an understatement.
    I hope when Dana and Matt watch the show, they realize that a partnership is 50/50, not Matt giving 99 and Dana giving 1. Dana needs to stop taking so much, and Matt needs to stop giving so much. Oh wait, maybe there ARE perfect for each other.
    Punkin, Bearcata, MReid and 1 others like this.

It was kinda painful watching this episode. I wonder if the Amazing Race and Survivor used the same casting company because both shows seemed to go for the Dumb and Dumber people. Sometimes overly book smart folks over analyze the clues. Darius and Cameron seemed to not really care and I don't get why Cameron didn't tell his brother the vendor was right next to him, or did Cameron simply not notice where the other contestants where going after they got their all their bags?
    Punkin, GolfGrrl, AmyKay and 1 others like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I wondered if Cameron didn't tell Darius where to go because he wasn't supposed to help him and would be penalized. Haven't there been teams in the past that were penalized for helping?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I wondered if Cameron didn't tell Darius where to go because he wasn't supposed to help him and would be penalized. Haven't there been teams in the past that were penalized for helping?
    Yes, this is why. When one person choses to do the task, the other can't help. I seem to remember last season or the one before another teammate helped the one doing the task (and it was some small comment if I remember correctly) and they incurred a penalty for it.

Did anyone else notice the camera focus in on Bernie and Ashlsy's fanny pack after the gunpowder challenge? I felt for sure we were going to have another episode of lost passports again. I'm glad that wasn't the case...they seem like an ok team so far.
    Punkin, dzigner, AmyKay and 2 others like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Yes, this is why. When one person choses to do the task, the other can't help. I seem to remember last season or the one before another teammate helped the one doing the task (and it was some small comment if I remember correctly) and they incurred a penalty for it.

Did anyone else notice the camera focus in on Bernie and Ashlsy's fanny pack after the gunpowder challenge? I felt for sure we were going to have another episode of lost passports again. I'm glad that wasn't the case...they seem like an ok team so far.
    We thought they would forget something, yes. What was the point of the camera focusing on it then..it's not grabbing me this season.
    Bearcata likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I do think the purple team is whinny, I am so glad the dad didn't let the purple girl have the map.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast