+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: 2/19 TAR 28 Episode 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: 2/19 TAR 28 Episode 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

(
    I won't use the words "Ugly American" 'cause I'm Canadian, so that wouldn't be very nice of me. But seriously, there's a reason why western tourists have such a terrible reputation. Don't add to it.)
    Glad to hear that, being from Canada I have seen some pretty ugly Canadians on my travels, and some great Americans..
    CynicalRomantic likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't share the annoyance that most here seem to have with all the teams. Yeah, they're a little loud, but most of them seem pretty cheerful. Even those laid back boys were like "We'll get through this..." when they were far in last place. I much rather watch this bunch than some of the people that have been total jerks about everything.

So much female contestants in the mud bath challenge! Of all the mixed teams, Cole was the only male to do the challenge. As far as the gems go, they're obviously colored glass. Actual gems of that size would be so incredibly expensive. And for the one that went down with the wrong type of gem, I'm not surprised at all. I'm not sure if the challenge description has more details about it (that large sheet of cluepaper obviously has more information than the basic lines they call out), but if not, I would probably go down and check myself to make sure the gem has to be of the right color. The precision of challenge details varies wildly, so color may not have been an important factor.

I thought the brothers did ok during the first episode, but man, I don't expect them to last very long. I even put them in my pool team! Hope they get eliminated fast so they get replaced, rather than hang near the bottom for a bunch of episodes.
    Lynne and allornothing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Wait how are Darius and Cameron on the last flight? They got to the airport 4th
    I know! I knew when they were talking about how smart they were and how they were going to avoid making mistakes that they were going to do something dumb this episode. I was kind of amazed that they managed to squeak by without getting eliminated after being on a plane that arrived quite a while after everyone else and then messing up on the instructions after the volcano (or whenever it was that they went directly to the site without stopping at the other place).
    MReid likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I know! I knew when they were talking about how smart they were and how they were going to avoid making mistakes that they were going to do something dumb this episode. I was kind of amazed that they managed to squeak by without getting eliminated after being on a plane that arrived quite a while after everyone else and then messing up on the instructions after the volcano (or whenever it was that they went directly to the site without stopping at the other place).
    They were taking selfies at the airport...
    Miss_Griss, MReid and gmcd like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    She posted a picture on Twitter of it, poor kid!!

Erin Robinson ‏@HeyErinRobinson 11m11 minutes ago
    The traumatic fish incident was real!!! Here's proof! #amazingrace
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cbnxx2dVIAAFEGh.jpg:large
    I had something similar happen to me as a kid. My dad removed it.... I don't see the big deal lol... I have no issues with fish
    allornothing likes this.
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

So, I was really amused that they had a cameraman sitting in the mud under the ladder in that pit. You could see him from a number of shots, just chilling with his little video recorder in the corner!

Any time you saw a through-the-ladder shot I'm sure he was happy that the time spent in the pit was worth it!
    Punkin, KTinCT and mushybrain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They were taking selfies at the airport...
    And stopping to talk with fans, which I think may be a problem throughout this race. How do you rush through a race and blow off fans when fans are your bread and butter as social media people?
    KTinCT and CynicalRomantic like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalRomantic View Post
    How does anyone go on the Amazing Race without packing a swimsuit? Has she never seen a single episode of this show before?

And it's not like she was short on space in her bag. After all, she managed to pack a hairdryer and a curling iron.

Sheesh.

The Amazing Race nearly had a thong crisis

I tried to read the linked article, but a ways in, I had one of those annoying popups that force you to subscribe, and won't go away even when you click No or the corner X.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678