+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: 2/12 TAR 28 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/12 TAR 28 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yes I agree the one thing I don't wanna see is a dominating team coming in 1st place every single episode.
    Punkin, shyra, petertracy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Yes I agree the one thing I don't wanna see is a dominating team coming in 1st place every single episode.
    Oh gawd me too, Mal!!!
    MReid likes this.
    KAREN

Justin and Diana came in first place seven times last season, even though they did not win in the end, last season was so predictable thus the main reason I detested it so much. I didnt care for the blind dating season either but there wasnt really one team who dominated the whole race.

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Justin and Diana came in first place seven times last season, even though they did not win in the end, last season was so predictable thus the main reason I detested it so much.
    The main reason I detested it so much was Justin. So at least there was a bright spot at the end of the season...
    Punkin likes this.

Okay, finally back at a computer after the long weekend!

While I haven't heard of all of the contestants I guess I'm a little more plugged into social media than a lot of the commenters so far. While not a fan of most of them, I'm familiar with a few of them, particularly Tyler and Zach (his videos are really clever), and Burnie (loved Red v Blue though I wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a crowd).

My impressions so far: hated the "start from home" concept. Though Phil said the traditional "start the race" lines that I love, having it edited and dubbed in like that was less than exciting, and since it was patently obvious that they gathered all of the teams in Mexico City and essentially gave them a starting line there, it was a stupid fake-out. I enjoyed the live video from Phil on FB at least, so that mollifies me a bit but I hope they don't do that sort of start again. HATED it.

Cole has been raised so that that kind of shrill and over-the-top behavior is rewarded: it's part of what happens in social media. I like him better than Justin from last season, but that's really not saying much. He's really the only person I had a visceral bad reaction to, though. First leg the teams are always a bit excitable...

I'm glad my "well obviously THAT is the detour I'd choose" radar was working: the mariachi task was far faster than the bull one. I'll be keeping a closer eye on the teams that did that. The bull one was probably more fun and less stressful, but teams need to be thinking about completion times.

I loved the roadblock. It was an interesting environment, the puzzle had a nice bit of a twist, and it felt like the locale. Good stuff! I'm disappointed that "let's just take the penalty" came up for something that was obviously NOT a four-hour task, but it gives a good indication that she isn't really in it for the long haul (I give Cole's mom a pass on that since she might have been just playing along).

I wasn't expecting a NEL, but in a season where there should be fan bases for the teams going in, I get it.

Overall, I was pretty happy with this start to the season!
    allornothing likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I watched it again, but I still had to mute some of it..I am so not crazy about this lot. A few people I spoke to are not watching at all this time.. I do wonder if they have too many of them on now. One finishes another begins..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Really disliked the start. It felt so extremely overly fake. Sure, as if they really were getting those phonecalls at random moments in their lives while they were together and ready to drop everything and have that weird phone in their hand and have a camera crew filming them. I know regular TAR episodes have fake stuff like that as well, like with airplane tickets, but this seriously was way over the top fake for me. Just make it a regular starting line again in future seasons, please...

I haven't heard of any of them whatsoever. I do watch stuff like Youtube, but only specific channels about specific topics that I'm interested in, and not really random stuff, which I guess is where you find most of these people. I found it a bit annoying that they were so overly hyped at the beginning, with those fans in the airport, but once things went underway, honestly, I didn't find them all that troublesome. Perhaps a little on the loud and cheery side, but keep in mind it's the first leg, teams are usually much more enthusiastic during that leg, and they seem to be here because they're fans of the race, just like every year, so I'm going in there with an open perspective.

Though for the two teams that were seriously considering taking the penalty... no respect whatsoever! I really do hope the penalties on all challenges are long enough that it is never the wise move to take the penalty. It should never be the tactical choice to take it.

Now to get the names with the faces, so I can sign up my team.
    Punkin and allornothing like this.

To me, the start was like Big Brother where they are filmed receiving their key and then given two hours to pack and leave with a producer. What amazed me was how they all arrived at the hub airport at the same time... Otherwise, it was different for TAR, if not for CBS.
    MReid likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I watched it again, but I still had to mute some of it..I am so not crazy about this lot. A few people I spoke to are not watching at all this time.. I do wonder if they have too many of them on now. One finishes another begins..
    I recorded it and I am only about 20 minutes into the first show. So far I have fast forwarded through almost half of that time. I LOVE The Amazing Race but this group is just not appealing to me. I've only seen a few minutes of Cole and I already know that he is going to be whiny.

I have watched every season but I really think they have picked the wrong group that I could support. I am having flashbacks to when they did the family edition that stayed in the U.S. and don't think I will be wasting my time with this lot.
    petertracy likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAKite View Post
    I recorded it and I am only about 20 minutes into the first show. So far I have fast forwarded through almost half of that time. I LOVE The Amazing Race but this group is just not appealing to me. I've only seen a few minutes of Cole and I already know that he is going to be whiny.

I have watched every season but I really think they have picked the wrong group that I could support. I am having flashbacks to when they did the family edition that stayed in the U.S. and don't think I will be wasting my time with this lot.
    I don't like it, when I really don't care who wins. One reason I didn't bother with the pool this year. I can't get excited for any of them.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678