+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Amazing Race 28 (premieres Feb 12) - News and Speculation

The Amazing Race 28 (premieres Feb 12) - News and Speculation

Hello everyone a little birdie has just informed me that the race for TAR 28 just began filming today and here is a link of cast photos check it out
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_rac...ace-season-28/
    Punkin and JosephD like this.

Re: The Amazing Race 28 Cast

Ummm, that link didn't work for me!
    Lynda

Punkin likes this.

Ahh, more better! Thanks!
    MReid and JosephD like this.
    Lynda

And the winner is...THE INTERNET!!!!

Every single one of them is involved in some sort of internet media. They are all such pretty people.
    AmyKay and MReid like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mal, ya beat me to it! Yes, they are all internet "stars" of some sort. CBS is airing the start of race online this Sunday ( I cant find anymore info about this but will let you know when I do!) Here is a summary if you cant get to the website:

Erin White Robinson and Joslyn Davis- Best Friends from LA, website: Clevver

Darius and Cameron Benson- brothers from Memphis, TN and Tuscaloosa, AL, Vine stars

Zach and Rachel King- Married from LA, he is a Vine star

Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina- dating couple from LA, YouTubers (also dancers)

Mary Cobb and Hagan Parkman- Mother/daughter from McKinney, TX, YouTube star as flight attendant (?)

Kurt Gibson and Brodie Smith- Best Friends from Dallas, TX, pro frisbee YouTubers

Tyler Oakley and Kory Kuhl- Best friends from LA, YouTubers

Jessica Versleeg and Brittany Oldehoff- Best friends from SanFran and Ft Lauderdale, Instagram Models

Burnie Burns and Ashley Jenkins- dating couple from Austin, TX, Youtubers

Scott and Blair Fowler- Father/daughter from Kingsport, TN and LA, she is a YouTuber

Sheri and Cole LaBrant- Mother/son from Enterprise, LA, he is a Vine star

SO excited that I actually know one of these people, well know OF...Tyler Oakley is one of the most famous YouTubers. I dont watch too much on YT but he guest hosted Catfish on MTV last season with Nev.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

From CBS website:
    For the first-time ever, on Sunday, Nov. 15 at 10:30/9:30pm c, Phil Keoghan, host of The Amazing Race, will be live streaming via Facebook the kick off of the show's next season direct from the first leg.

This unique experience will provide fans a real time look behind the scenes of Season 28, which includes 11 new teams of socially savvy racers who will embark on their journey around the world. If you're a social-media junkie, then this season was totally made for you.

To watch the live stream on Sun., Nov. 15, log on to Phil's Facebook page or come back to this page at 10:30/9:30pm c!

This cast is filled with social-media tastemakers like YouTube stars Tyler Oakley and Burnie Burns, Vine stars Zach King and Cole LaBrant, Instagram models Jessica Versteeg and Brittany Oldehoff, and many more familiar faces from the most clickable channels out there
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1004891/don-t-miss-the-amazing-race-starting-line-live-stream/
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

I am already rooting for the parkour team and the flight attendant mom daughter team.

Sigh. I suppose that since I don't actually follow too many of them that closely it doesn't bother me, but it feels like a bit of a stunt. Still, I suppose people used to living on camera should be able to make themselves interesting?

This'll be my first time watching a season; I watched "Total Drama: The Ridiculous Race," which is a cartoon parody of TAR, and it got me intrigued about the real thing. I'm particularly interested to see the mother/son duo; there weren't any of those in either season of "Survivor: Blood vs Water."
    Pools I'm running: Masterchef Junior:(Due March 1) Survivor:(Due March 14)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast