+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Amazing Race 28 (premieres Feb 12) - News and Speculation

Re: The Amazing Race 28 Cast

Oh, I'm not saying they will all be Joey and Meghans, personality-wise. It just seems like an odd approach to casting. Because they often will try to cast people with a built-in audience in order to boost ratings, but sometimes it can backfire.

As for the blind date season, I agree 100%. That was just ill-advised. Actually, I think most gimmick casting seasons have been epic fails, especially the family edition. The best seasons have been those with a regular mix of different kinds of teams.

For reference, my all-time favourite cast was in season 17, when Kat and Nat won it. There were so many strong likeable teams that season, and only a couple of villains.
    Midol, MReid and allornothing like this.

Yes!! Season 17 was amazing! One of my favorites as well plus they started in Massachusetts rather than the same old Los Angeles starting line lol

It's a little weird that they're so open about it, though, and it's interesting to see the crew moving with the teams, something we've known about but not seen very often.

It's a gimmick setup, but I think it could work out ok. Sure, there'll be a Joey and Meghan team or two, but there'll be totally different teams as well. It's just odd that they're talking S28 while S27 is ongoing.

And at least the Family edition gave us a pretty girl mooning the camera

FORT Fogey

What is an Instagram model?

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    What is an Instagram model?
    Someone really narcissistic who posts a lot of selfies?...???

So far here is the location route

Leg 1 Mexico City, Mexico (long over due they havent been here since season 3 I think)
    Leg 2 Bogata, Columbia ( a new location visit!)

Two very unexpected locations thank goodness! So far so good

The only explanation I can possibly think of for the race not going to Mexico more often is that they probably assume that racers (and viewers) wouldn't consider it to be "exotic" enough. Same reason as they rarely come here to Canada. They probably figure viewers expect a race around the world, not just to their next door neighbours. But Mexico City is one of my favourite cities in the world in terms of places I've visited, so I'm glad to see them going there.

I've yet to make it to Colombia but I'm excited to hear that they'll be going there, too. It's on my list.

Looks like it'll be another season where teams fluent in Spanish get off to an early advantage...
    MReid likes this.

True, I remember Phil was asked why they only visited Canada a few times and he said because they wanted the teams to go to exotic places but I would like them to go to Canada a little more because its such a large country that I would love to see more of I have often wondered if they would ever visit Antartica but I think it would be a little to cold there for the teams

Not sure how it is for those of American or Canadian nationality, but as an outsider, it's actually pretty hard to tell things apart. Accents between different American states tend to vary more than accents between Americans and Canadians (excluding the French speaking areas of course), and unless I've learned before what country a particular city is in, I wouldn't know what country a certain city belongs to.

That said, if you want to see more of Canada, check out TAR: Canada. The first season remains entirely in Canada, whereas later seasons spend like 60% of the time in Canada, with a few legs in far away countries. There's way more Canada in there than USA in the USA version.
    MReid likes this.

TAR Canada had solid second and third seasons. The first season was kinda boring, IMHO. But remember, they're working with a much smaller budget. So staying within Canada in the first season was probably a budgetary choice.

As for Antarctica, I think that would be very, very difficult to arrange. Really, the main way to see Antarctica is by cruise ship, and the race doesn't have several days (not to mention the thousands of requisite dollars) to send teams on week-long cruises from southern Argentina.

ETA: Though, to hear Elise Doganieri tell it, they'd love to go to Antarctica: https://www.thewrap.com/emmys-how-am...yndrome-97856/

“But places like that fascinate me,” Doganieri said. “We would love to go to Antarctica. We still haven’t gone to Israel. The list has 50 to 100 more countries where we want to go. We need more seasons. If we keep getting picked up, we will get to all those places.”  - See more at: https://www.thewrap.com/emmys-how-am....4yr4W1Im.dpuf
    Last edited by CynicalRomantic; 11-19-2015 at 01:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast