+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Amazing Race 28 (premieres Feb 12) - News and Speculation

Re: The Amazing Race 28 Cast

I wonder if the flight attendant mom/daughter will be able to use their airport/airline knowledge to their advantage. Exciting! I think I'm rooting for them too.
    "You either play the game or get voted off!"

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Hello everyone a little birdie has just informed me that the race for TAR 28 just began filming today and here is a link of cast photos check it out
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_rac...ace-season-28/
    Tweet.....tweet.
    MReid likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

If the cost is filled with social media types, they reason enough for me to skip the season. I'll probably watch to see the places they go, but I have no interest in seeing these people. Yoe one more interesting show ruined by the social media.
    Miss_Griss, Midol and Crystalline like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Agreed, Florimel. Their being social media celebrities is not an incentive for me to watch.

I am interested in the fact that they'll be live-streaming the start, and I'm curious to see if they include some sort of social media as they film (along with red herrings if they do).
    Punkin likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

So let me get this straight: TAR looked into its history, identified one of its most all-time annoying teams (Joey and Meghan), and said "hey, I know, let's get more people like them!" Why, dear lord, why?

At least it was fun watching "regular" people race for a million dollars, even if some of the seasons featured celebrities, pro athletes, or the ubiquitous dating/models that tried the definition of "regular". But now it seems like we don't even get legitimate celebrities, but narcissistic wanabes? I can already tell that season 28 is going to be torture.

I'm not all too thrilled about the whole "Let's get all youtube teams", well, and similar like vine, but you get the idea.

That said, assuming that this'll be 11 teams of Joeys and Meghans seems a bit far fetched. Different people, different personalities. We'll have to wait and see.

Did anyone else see the livestream on Facebook? They were planning for a certain time, but then Phil kept saying that the teams weren't there yet and it got postponed. Finally it went live. They were in
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mexico City
    and they showed each of the teams arriving to get a clue for a detour. I think the clue said that each team had to say Hi to the Facebook feed because they all found the camera or Phil called them over. Most of the teams seemed to arrive at about the same time, but one arrived a little later. While they were waiting, Phil talked to a fan who had showed up to watch. Then he had to hurry off to his next stop.

Yeah, I watched it. It's still available on Phil's Facebook page so if you haven't seen it go take a look! It's before the first elimination so there aren't any new spoilers other than the first location outside the US and what the detour choice names are. It was kind of cool to see and Phil gave a little behind the scenes info as well.

Yeah, it appeared that the clue told them to go talk to Facebook Live, so each team at least said something to the FB camera.

And Carlos!!!

I agree that Joey and Meghan particually Joey was very annoying but Im not gonna say season 28 will be torture. At least we dont have all couples like we did in season 26, now that blind date season was torture for me I really did not like it. I am also thrilled they are having the first leg in Mexico city, we are long overdue for a visit to Mexico I think the only time they went there was back in season 3
    allornothing likes this.

I am looking forward to this season too. I don't watch youtube very much so maybe I don't understand how annoying this people can be and will eat my words. But some of the teams are not famous for being chatty youtube personalities. The flight attendant was filmed being her (IMO) regular, funny darling self and that video went viral. And in general I think AR could use some funnier teams each season.

And the parkour people are just talented in a physical sense and that makes their youtube videos interesting to watch. I understand I may be wrong, but right now Im optimistic on at least some of the teams.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast