Yay! Thanks, guys! Can't wait for 8:00pm!
Yay! Thanks, guys! Can't wait for 8:00pm!
Few comments and funny moments:
1. I kinda felt that Rachel and Brendon sabotaged Dave and Connor on that chariot race. I think they'd been smarter to just let the two finish and finish up instead. That smugness could've bit them in the nose...
2. Was laughing when the cowboys thought they'd really ride/race real chariots. Not likely - have they seen "Ben Hur" and the chariot race? Even the racing - not the climax scene in said movie - showed how dangerous it was. In fact, that movie they were scared to let Charleton Heston do the driving himself. I enjoy the cowboys but... rodeo riders or not... thinking they'd actually be racing in REAL chariots...
3. The Globetrotters got very lucky they had a team who really did help them and not have a repeat of the Kafka moment their first season. For those wondering it was one where Big Easy took the challenge and they had to figure out the Russian from telephones. A team said they'd give them the answer/help, and they agreed, but in the end said team lied and didn't give them much if any help. The only reasons they survived tonight were the Afghanimals and because John had to go get another postcard. That gave them the edge to win in a footrace.
4. I am not a huge fan of the Afghanimals, but I will give them props for actually giving the two teams the clues to the step challenge. They played a smart move - because there are higher odds that the Globetrotters will honor the "We won't U-Turn you" promise and Jessica and John - at least John - would've tried to honor it (unless it was them and the Afghanimals in the bottom two on that part of the leg).
5. Loved the gladiator kicking the Afghanimals when they failed their swordfighting. Wish they had done it to John that second time stupidly using his shield in the show. Kept it a bit accurate and yet playful (well that and the gladiator stayed in character... well, minus the real life scenario they faced daily. )
6. Brendon gave a very long-winded and nonsensical answer to "You count the stairs plus the number that is written in Roman numerals to get your answer" to the stairs challenge. Of note, it's sad that most of them didn't know how to write Roman numerals. (I'm thankful to my fifth grade history teacher for teaching me now - I'd had 1924 easily - M (1,000) CM (900) XX (20) IV (4). Roman numerals are subtracted backward to what we see as normal math).
And no, I don't care if he is in Mensa or not - that's what you say trying to get partial credit for your answer when you really don't know it.
7. I felt the person playing Gregory Peck's role in "Roman Holiday" looked more like the actor than she did as Audrey Hepburn. Still, it was a cute touch to the challenge.
Overall liked the leg and with two exceptions, I'd be happy with any of the teams winning this season. The two exceptions I'd be OK winning, though they are not my top favorites. It's rare I have a season where I have NO ONE that I do not want to see win still left in the race.
I liked John and Jessica a lot more this season (John mostly as Jessica was fine before). I felt bad for them as well because they did good, but the cab driver is the one who really messed it up for them.
This was a great leg and Rome looks like a wonderful place to visit. I don't remember them being in Rome before, but may not be remembering. I hope they spend more time there so we get to see even more of it.
Phil was right this certainly has been a very close and competitive race and at this point anyone could win. Since I have Dave and Connor at the top in my pool I hope it turns out to be them, but that's based on solely on my picks since I love the Cowboys as well. Even the Afghanimals have been a lot different this season and I have enjoyed them as well. I would think since the Cowboys still have their Express Pass and must use it next week they should be in good shape since they can't be u-turned and next week is a double U-turn.
I can't wait until next week to see what happens. A week with a double U-turn is always guaranteed to be exciting.
Just to add I knew you meant Brendon and Rachel were way to smug at the end.
Fanny to the bolded do you know that you have Dave and Connor and not the Cowboys as your Captains? I only ask because you said you worry for your Cowboys.
Last edited by Jaceegirl; 04-14-2014 at 01:16 AM.
There is still one team for me... and they won this leg apparantly.Originally Posted by jadewarlock
It's killing me, because beyond that one team, I love the rest. I've always been a huge fan of the cowboys and loved Dave and Conner their season. FT and BE are so entertaining to watch and I wasn't one of those who hated the Afghanimals their first season... I'm glad to see some nice comments about them here. Eerrgh. I want to watch, I just don't want to watch Brenchel do well. Gah. I'm being torn.
After seeing John's comments last time they were on about not caring about the million dollars, and then all of his "this will come easy to me because I took tae kwon do as a kid" (before he royally messed up more than once), all I can say to Jessica is . . . "RUN, girlfriend." This one throws off vibes that he won't be good at facing reality over the long haul. He put up the shield because he felt intimidated by an "actor"? And then Jessica breezed right through it? Sorry, there's just something about him that I find offputting.
There's no excuse for contestants on the Amazing Race not reading and/or following clues, ESPECIALLY returning players who have done this before! I was yelling at the Globetrotters, too...read the dang clue!!!! It would have served them right to be eliminated this week because if Leo and Jamal hadn't given them the answer, they would never have finished the challenge. I'm glad they're not out, though, because they are on my pool team.
And actually their failure is due to Flight Time not doing the task right so I can't blame Big Easy.
The chariots reminded me of a video game I used to play on the computer in the 1980's...Circus Maximus. It was one of the primitive early PC games where the chariots were little dots on the screen in different colors. I still had fun playing the game, betting on the races. It was one of those games where you had to set up a batch file the first time you played the game so you could execute the Run command. Anyone remember those days?
Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL
Wow. The Afghanimals were cutting it thin by assuming that the country singers were behind and gave John/Jessica and Globetrotters the answer. A slightest error like running the wrong way to the pitstop could have got them eliminated! Thankfully for them it all worked out well.
Initially, I thought the Afghanimals will only give John/Jessica the answer, and force the Globetrotters to elimination. Will have majorly sucked for the Globetrotters, but strategically, it might have been a great move to eliminate another all-male physical team. I know this has been going on for many seasons, but the producers should consider putting in some measures to stop a team from just handing another team a free pass to the challenge!
And Brendon - if you guys are on a sinusoidal wave, that means that you are gonna be heading downwards to elimination again
It seems like every single team had trouble with the Roman numerals. It kind of annoys me how they are allowed
to immediately ask strangers for help in figuring out what the Roman numerals mean. I would have known how
to do it right away, but I wouldn't be good at tasks involving physical strength. I remember in a past TAR, 2 women
were unable to hit the target hard enough to ring a bell or whatever, and it's not as if they would have been allowed
to ask a stranger to do it for them. I think maybe they should only be allowed to work with other TAR teams on figuring
out the answer, or maybe have to wait a certain amount of time before they can ask a stranger.